GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Just heard on the radio.."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/09/05 at 09:24
Regular
... the lead singer of the Animals apologising.

Apparently, there isn't a house in New Orleans....
Tue 13/09/05 at 10:51
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
It's times like these I really fancy breaking out the cancer jokes.
Tue 13/09/05 at 10:57
Regular
Go for it. Afterall, some of those that are whinging are guilty of exactly the same thing that they are moaning at me for. You know who you are, I'm sure.
Tue 13/09/05 at 11:05
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Your Honour wrote:
> So I'm actively malicious.
>
> *shrugs*

Hmm...so it must'nt have been me who wrote;

> It all depends, and I can never judge which it is by words on a website; > I need to actually hear the person telling the joke to make a decision.

If you really don't mind what is thought of you off the back of a joke, stop going on about it like a wounded victim. You're annoyed at Goatboy's comment? Fair enough. So stop complaining at everyone else about it.
Tue 13/09/05 at 12:09
Regular
What can I say, it's a slow day at work and I'm just giving things a stir.

Shame none of you are rising to the bait though. I'm surprised and impressed actually. If this had been a couple of months back Light, you'd have been well off the handle by now.

Ah well, nevermind eh?
Tue 13/09/05 at 13:06
Regular
Woohoo, bait! Where? Where?
Tue 13/09/05 at 13:43
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Your Honour wrote:
> Go for it. Afterall, some of those that are whinging are guilty of
> exactly the same thing that they are moaning at me for. You know who
> you are, I'm sure.

No, no. My bad taste jokes are funny.
Tue 13/09/05 at 14:12
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Everyone knows the basic rule of comedy:

Comedy = Tragedy + Distance

However, bloated corpses still being pulled out of the water does not equal distance. I'm perhaps a worse culprit than anyone as I have a very sick sense of humour (I'm of the same mindset as Light, if you don't laugh about such things, you have to cry) but I know when and where to make such jokes and it's not on a public forum full of people I don't know. Would it just be a harmless joke if someone on the forums had a relative die over there? Would it still be harmless if it had happened in England?

Maybe this is overreacting, but you see my point. Personally, I think you only post these things for a reaction - you brought up the exact same topic soon after the tsunami with a badly-timed joke that was in very poor taste, so you obviously didn't take everyone's reaction on board.

In other words, you're trolling. And it wasn't funny.
Tue 13/09/05 at 14:47
Regular
"The definitive tag"
monkey_man wrote:
> Whatever your views on the intention of the joke, it just wasn't very
> funny to start off with!

Yup.

All the highly offensive and moral stuff aside, it was a crap joke.
Tue 13/09/05 at 14:57
Regular
So, ignoring the fact that some (let's face it - nearly everyone) said it wasn't funny, it bascially boils down to the fact that it was in bad taste, correct?
Tue 13/09/05 at 15:00
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Nothing to do with that. It was a crap joke.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.