GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Just heard on the radio.."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/09/05 at 09:24
Regular
... the lead singer of the Animals apologising.

Apparently, there isn't a house in New Orleans....
Tue 13/09/05 at 08:27
Regular
So when is not too soon then? Npt having a go, just curious, is all
Tue 13/09/05 at 08:28
Regular
Oh and Goaty, I wish you'd stop editing your posts. I'm quite curious as to what you said originally.
Tue 13/09/05 at 08:56
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Your Honour wrote:
> Oh and Goaty, I wish you'd stop editing your posts. I'm quite curious
> as to what you said originally.

There were four links to quite graphic photographs of the drowned dead in New Orleans. I can understand his angry reaction to a degree.

This is the problem with the darker side of comedy/humour: it makes fun of people and situations without mercy - where is the line of acceptability drawn. Is there a line? Is a really funny racist joke acceptable for instance?
Tue 13/09/05 at 09:06
Regular
Black Glove wrote:
> This is the problem with the darker side of comedy/humour: it makes
> fun of people and situations without mercy - where is the line of
> acceptability drawn. Is there a line? Is a really funny racist joke
> acceptable for instance?

Good point. And I would say that there is no line that will be the same for everyone. I found that joke amusing. I'm not going to apologise for that, or justify it.

You could argue that because there isn't one line for everyone, that we should all be politically correct and not say anything. I don't agree with that view as you wouldn't be able to say anything!

And as for jokes on the matter, Goaty for a start has given out his fair share of offensive stuff. But as he found it amusing, that made it ok. One rule for him. One for everyone else.
Tue 13/09/05 at 09:49
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
I personally think these jokes are simply Schadenfreude at it's downright ugliest to be honest, as I always have.

*shrug*

That's my opinion, argue all you like, it isn't going to change.
Tue 13/09/05 at 10:19
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
I tend to view it as a "If I don't laugh, I'll cry" reflex. I do think it's possible to laugh ones ass off at this type of joke, whilst also keeping in mind just what the source is.

But then, I guess it's equally as likely to be what Pandaemonium says; simple schadenfreude.

It all depends, and I can never judge which it is by words on a website; I need to actually hear the person telling the joke to make a decision.
Tue 13/09/05 at 10:22
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Whatever your views on the intention of the joke, it just wasn't very funny to start off with!
Tue 13/09/05 at 10:27
Regular
Light wrote:
> But then, I guess it's equally as likely to be what Pandaemonium
> says; simple schadenfreude.

But then a reasonable amount of humour is, let's face it.
Tue 13/09/05 at 10:37
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Your Honour wrote:

>
> But then a reasonable amount of humour is, let's face it.

True enough. I phrased that badly; actively malicious schadenfreude.
Tue 13/09/05 at 10:45
Regular
So I'm actively malicious.

*shrugs*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.