GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pro Evo Soccer 4"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Pro Evolution Soccer 4'.
Tue 12/10/04 at 13:01
Regular
"The Expert"
OPS2 Says, PES4 is the god of all football games and i think thats true real Players, Real names, Real teams, Real referee's, Real stadiums say what do you think it's the greatest football game i ever played 10/10 and the only, Bad thing is not compatible online.
Page:
Wed 13/10/04 at 19:02
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Or buy the game...?
Thu 14/10/04 at 07:59
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
:D
Thu 14/10/04 at 14:41
Regular
Its sad when Konami has to do that because of licensing.
Thu 14/10/04 at 20:32
Regular
"es argh"
PES5 will have the premiership.

I betsa million pennies.
Fri 15/10/04 at 01:58
Regular
10 out 10 ? I doubt it but it probably is ONE of the best football games around IF they fixed all the niggles I experienced with PES 3 and hopefully they played a bit of ISS 98 on the N64 for inspiration! I might be getting a PS2 for this cos PES 4 and 'cube multiplayer goodness is very tempting.. hmm.
Fri 15/10/04 at 11:54
Regular
Just got it this morning.

From first impressions i prefer PES3.

But i thought the same when first got PES3, so i'll give it a bit more time.
Fri 15/10/04 at 16:55
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Thought I'd post a trick list for those new to the game and also for those who didn't know about the new tricks added to the game. Took a few of them from the various pro evo sites around - Hope some of you find it helpful.

Dribbling

Slow close control dribble: Hold L1 to perform this dribble technique, good for tight situations.

Medium dribble: Hold R2 to perform a quicker dribble

Sprint: Hold R1 to sprint with the ball, makes it easier of opponent to tackle you though.

Full Sprint: When performing the sprint dribble if you double tap the direction you are running your player will knock the ball ahead to run onto, can also do this while turning, hold R1 and press the direction you wish to run and press R2 as you turn to knock the ball on for you to run onto.

Skills

Lollipop: Double tap L1 while dribbling to perform a whole load of step overs.

single Step Over: Tapping R2 while dribbling will perform a single step over.

Shimmy: While dribbling with R2 press the direction to the side which will take you at right angles to the way you are running.

Carlos style 'Roll Back': While you perform the shimmy press the direction directly behind the player, your player will then put his foot on the ball and begin rolling it backwards under their foot.

Zidane 360 spin: Rotate the right analouge stick 360 degrees to perform the spin, player has to be good at dribbling to perform this well!

Dummy Shot: When shooting press square and then press X quickly after or while you are still holding square to perform the dummy shot, usually lets you trick defenders to get a bit more room for a shot in.

Flick up: Flick the right analouge stick down then up to perform a flick, can be useful if you learn how to lift it over a defender and run onto it.

Dummy Cross: Run down the wing using R2 and when you wish to perform the dummy cross let go of the direction you are pressing but continue to hold R2. The player will pretend to cross but dummy and stop and face the defender, allows you to get more room to cross or to continue your run.

Stop and Go: Release the direction you are running and tap or hold down R2, your player will stop dead.

Feint: hold R2 to stop the ball and then tap either up or down, your player will feint one way and put the defender off balance.

Put ball into space: while standing still tap L1 and R1 together quickly to knock the ball away from your feet and into space ready for a shot.

Shooting

Chip Shot: Hold L1 and press square to shot to try and loft the ball over the keeper into the goal.

Shallow Chip: Press R1 after pressing shoot and the ball will dink rather than going high into the air.

Other things to Note

Through ball: Triangle will play a through ball along the ground to a player in space or into an attacking position. Holding L1 as you press triangle will play a through ball through the air, perfect for playing the ball over defenders for strikers to run onto.

One-Two: A grounded one two is performed by pressing L1+ cross and then triangle to return the ball. A high one two is performed by pressing L1+cross and then cross to return the ball.
Fri 15/10/04 at 19:50
Regular
Played it today, kicked my master-Pro-Evo-boy-brother's ass (well, won on penalties ;-)). Either way, I won, which is all that matters. So I love it. :-D

Can't wait for the XBox version, mind.
Sat 16/10/04 at 13:43
Regular
"The Expert"
On gamestation is coming out says pre-order comes, 15 november.
Sat 16/10/04 at 14:49
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Is it me, or are the goalies crap?

They never dive.

Stupid goalies...
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.