GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SLR photography"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 04/09/05 at 21:39
Regular
"Bouncebackability"
im starting an A level photography course on tuesday and need an SLR camera. I was advised to get a Pentax MZ - M but cant find one anywhere. any ideas?
Mon 05/09/05 at 11:49
Regular
"You've upset me"
MJ's right, it's not an "easy" course. There's nothing particularly challenging about it but there's a lot of work involved, especially when it comes to your presentation project. It certainly isn't a doss. A lot of petrol will be used to, but ultimately it's an incredibly rewarding course if it's something you're interested in it.
Mon 05/09/05 at 11:35
Regular
What about a Minolta Dynax 40?

[URL]http://www.equipmentexpress.co.uk/shop/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Minolta_Dynax_40_Minolta_28_100_600.html[/URL]

Supposed to be pretty good considering the price.
Mon 05/09/05 at 10:54
Regular
I took photography at AS (took it up in my A2 year however) and it really opened my eyes when it comes to education. Being enthusiastic about a subject for once made the idea of going to the lesson something I would look forward to instead of dread. A lot of people seem to be under the misconception that it is an easy course to take though, whilst the content of the course is essentially easy if you have a good grasp on the english language, the amount of work that is required of you is quite a lot compared to other subjects. For me it was a case of push really hard in Photography because I enjoyed it but let other subjects take a back seat.

Anyway, camera wise I bought mine from Dixons (horrible shop) for around £150, I can't remember the model at this moment - haven't used it since I finished the course and I'm not at home at the moment. That camera which someone linked to would definately do the job, although it doesn't have a flash which means its a bit costly.

The best part of photography was the dark room, so peaceful.
Mon 05/09/05 at 01:23
Regular
"0228"
I'm good at drawing, crap at painting though. Never really tried photography, I'm not sure I always get it. Surely if the subject is interesting then anybody can take a picture and it will look good?
Mon 05/09/05 at 01:19
"period drama"
Good luck with it ... I really wish I'd done a photography course when I had the chance. I've only just got into in now, and just love taking photos.

I know what you mean about not being able to paint or draw, I'm just can't do it - my sister's amazing at it, though, which was always a bit annoying. But now I know I've got a good eye for some fantastic pictures, and I can write like a god, so it'll all good.
Sun 04/09/05 at 22:45
Regular
"Bouncebackability"
ive always been artistic in some way but cant paint or draw!
Sun 04/09/05 at 22:42
Regular
"You've upset me"
Nope. She just always liked taking pictures. She has and always has had an artistic eye though.
Sun 04/09/05 at 22:38
Regular
"Bouncebackability"
did she know much about it before or did she just do it?
Sun 04/09/05 at 22:26
Regular
"You've upset me"
My sister did it. She really enjoyed it.
Sun 04/09/05 at 22:25
Regular
"Bouncebackability"
i really dout it somehow!! :)
still, you never know...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.