GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Island"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 11/08/05 at 02:05
Regular
"Touched!"
Worth seeing or see something else? Seeing Choc Factory on friday, might see this with some mates over the weekend if it's worth seeing.
Thu 18/08/05 at 20:45
Regular
"That's right!"
Saw The Island today. I liked it, but bloody hell Michael Bay needs to learn to keep the camera steady during action sequences.

Fair enough, use the shaky cam when whip panning back and forth between action, ala Evil Dead or Saving Private Ryan, but when they're hiding in a broom cupboard do we really need to have the cameraman having an epileptic fit whilst trying to film them?

Decent, not amazing. Action wasn't much (dropping train wheels on cars ripped right from Bad Boys 2, the hover bike right from Judge Dredd, everything else Logan's Run) At least the girl was pleasant to look at, made it possible to withstand ol' Ewan's attempt at an American accent.

Music was good, though, stuck the soundtrack on my iPod just now.
Thu 18/08/05 at 20:56
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> Saw The Island today. I liked it, but bloody hell Michael Bay needs to
> learn to keep the camera steady during action sequences.
>
> Fair enough, use the shaky cam when whip panning back and forth
> between action, ala Evil Dead or Saving Private Ryan, but when
> they're hiding in a broom cupboard do we really need to have the
> cameraman having an epileptic fit whilst trying to film them?

Funny you should say that... [URL]http://www.theshiznit.co.uk/review.php?id=94[/URL]. Rob Cohen is even worse. He's like a Bay pretender.
Thu 18/08/05 at 21:43
Regular
Can you imagine the life of a man who isn't as good at Michael Bay?

Actually, he's probably very rich. Scratch that.
Sat 20/08/05 at 00:44
Regular
"woody woodpecker"
I thought The Island was a thrilling action film that you don't usually get these days
Sat 20/08/05 at 09:25
Regular
"That's right!"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> Funny you should say that...
> [URL]http://www.theshiznit.co.uk/review.php?id=94[/URL]. Rob Cohen
> is even worse. He's like a Bay pretender.

-------

Yeah I read that when you first posted it, I especially liked the scratching of the ass comment.

I'm a fan of Michael Bay, Bad Boys, The Rock, Armageddon; all great films in my opinion. Pearl Harbour was, well, everyone knows about that, and Bad Boys II wasn't as good as the original.

I like his style, but he didn't do most of his trademark moves in The Island, instead he just shook the camera constantly. Felt like I was watching a film on a rollercoaster.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.