GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WoW: Help?"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 04/08/05 at 20:56
Regular
Hey there,
Tommorow I should be getting WoW and I was wondering if any of you could recommend me a server to join, and the best class of character to have.
Thanks,
James
Mon 08/08/05 at 21:30
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
cookie monster wrote:
> The horde one arrives next month. I dont have my tickets yet, i will
> have to wait for it to fully set up. :(

You can still go there, unless you're on a PvP server where you might get killed by the millions of people there.

About 10 of us just went, all lv45+ and we had a nice look around, its OK but nothing special. We then got bored and attacked a random PvP lv50, which in turn resulted into a nice little battle that lasted about 30 mins.
Sun 07/08/05 at 13:15
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Mathews wrote:
> phi11ip wrote:
>
> You don't need the game once it's been installed. Just use your
> username and password.
>
> Don't register the CD key of the new game.
>
> I had to uninstall a while back so its not on my computer anymore but
> ive saved my details from then
> But on second thought my character wasn’t even that good so its wont
> be a big deal to start from scratch. and this time ive got a lvl 50
> helping me get to grips with the game.:D
>
> anyway sorry about that you can get back onto your original topic
> now.

But you've paid for the game up front? Or has your subscription run out?
Sun 07/08/05 at 13:15
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
OddToe wrote:
> Phi11ip, don't you have WoW?
>
> If so, are you on Dragonmaw?

Nope, I've got 2 characters on Doomhammer. Nobody told me where to go when I got the game so I headed there. Seems like quite a good server, although being flagged for PvP on there means you will be attacked, no matter what the situation.

I always flag myself when in BB, Ratchet or Gadgetzan just so I can see people attack me then be killed. Makes me feel all warm inside!

I wish there was a way you could transfer characters from server to server, but I can't see that happening for a while until the game dies in popularity. By then they'll have combined all the low population realms so they only have a few high population servers.
Sun 07/08/05 at 12:01
Regular
"Ow Yer"
phi11ip wrote:

> You don't need the game once it's been installed. Just use your
> username and password.
>
> Don't register the CD key of the new game.

I had to uninstall a while back so its not on my computer anymore but ive saved my details from then
But on second thought my character wasn’t even that good so its wont be a big deal to start from scratch. and this time ive got a lvl 50 helping me get to grips with the game.:D

anyway sorry about that you can get back onto your original topic now.
Sun 07/08/05 at 11:33
Regular
Phi11ip, don't you have WoW?

If so, are you on Dragonmaw?
Sun 07/08/05 at 00:32
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Mathews wrote:
> sorry if I just hijacked the post but I just ordered a new copy of WoW
> because my last my stolen and I was wondering if I could use my old
> characters and details on my new game?

You don't need the game once it's been installed. Just use your username and password.

Don't register the CD key of the new game.
Sat 06/08/05 at 22:39
Regular
"Ow Yer"
sorry if I just hijacked the post but I just ordered a new copy of WoW because my last my stolen and I was wondering if I could use my old characters and details on my new game?
Sat 06/08/05 at 16:19
Regular
I could walk around in IronForge today, posted some letters to my new character who is coming along nicely.

(I posted the cash Sheepy gave me, thanks).

I was in Stormwind last night, I spent 30 minutes walking to IronForge from some port and then got the tram to Stormwind. I was walking through a deserted city, and I turned a corner and 40 or so Lvl 60 members of the 'SECURITY' guild were on mounts ready to protect the city from an rumoured incoming raid.

My Lvl 6 self decided to dance infront of them and cheer them on.

I love this game.
Fri 05/08/05 at 22:32
Regular
The loading times/lag in IronForge is terrible.

It took me 30 mins just to walk to the Gryph master.
Fri 05/08/05 at 20:37
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Cool, thanks

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.