GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SR Notable Election - Thurs 11th August"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 03/08/05 at 16:53
Regular
"serenity now!"
It's about that time again.

Most of you know how it works by now, but for those who don't - every three months (or so ;)) we hold an election to promote one of our regular members to Notable status. Notable is a position to honour that user's contributions to UKchatforums.com - they don't get any further rights or abilities within the forum, but their status is changed and their name is written in gold to draw the eyes, respect and jealousy of the purple Regulars.

On the day (Thursday 11th August), an official thread will be started by a staffie (most likely me) where every Regular member and Notable will have one vote to cast for who they want to see elevated to such a lofty status. Newbies and JATs will be unable to vote I'm afraid.

Last election we also held a vote to demote someone from their position of notable back down to regular - while this went well, we've not yet decided whether to continue this new, possibly cruel addition to the elections. If you have any thoughts on this, let us know here and we'll make a decision before the day is due.

Til then, mark 11/8/05 in your diaries and make sure you're here for what may be the most important vote you'll ever make.
Page:
Mon 08/08/05 at 15:44
Regular
Stryke or Light for me this time around I think. Both entertain me in different ways.
Mon 08/08/05 at 15:11
Regular
"You've upset me"
blimmerfisch wrote:
>worth this worthless

What an interesting phrase.
Mon 08/08/05 at 12:20
Regular
"Captain to you."
all notables should be demoted apart from m_m
Mon 08/08/05 at 12:02
Problem is, for the past number of "elections", there hasn't been anybody even remotely worth this worthless status.

Except perhaps m_m
Mon 08/08/05 at 11:30
Regular
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Wasn't there a situation once upon a time where Notables had two votes
> for some reason?

Yeah, that was because they were afraid the regs would vote some numpty in, so they gave us more votes so we could get someone decent.
Mon 08/08/05 at 10:15
Regular
"Twenty quid."
tnc wrote:
> Nice of you to put in an appearance Tim

I've been ill recently - I'm fighting an infection in my foot which is basically causing all the nerve endings to scream out. If I'm not writhing about in agony I'm doped up on painkillers (tramadol hydrochloride and amitriptyline).

> So, as everyone has been asked, which Notable will you be demoting ?

No idea.
Mon 08/08/05 at 09:08
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
I'm voting Ashman.
Mon 08/08/05 at 07:15
Regular
C®ø§$ Bób wrote:
> I might now vote Sheepy or Carnivale or anyone else that is nice to
> me.

Sheepy is already notable.
Mon 08/08/05 at 02:33
Regular
"Catch it!"
I might now vote Sheepy or Carnivale or anyone else that is nice to me.
Mon 08/08/05 at 02:04
Regular
"Catch it!"
I hope I win this year I had 5 votes last time :)
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.