GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Lesnar offered WWE contract..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 28/07/05 at 13:07
Regular
Taken from WWE.com

'WWE.com has learned that Brock Lesnar has met with his attorney, David Olsen, to discuss the written contract offer Lesnar received last week from World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. It is unclear when the contract will be signed. The terms were not disclosed.'

Personally, I'd love to see Brock back in the WWE despite him walking out on the company last year. He's far, far better than any of the other 'big' guys that the WWE have and I can imagine the heat he'd get would probably make for a good ol feud with Batista, which is probably on the cards already should he return.

Wonder if he'll make a appearance at Summerslam?

Anyways, Discuss the news people.
Sat 20/08/05 at 22:58
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
And stop by Biscoff's house on the way
Fri 29/07/05 at 14:20
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Indeed let me get my Pokemon flask and make some chicken sandwiches for the trip. We must also take a detour to Ohio and free our brother Heyman as well
Fri 29/07/05 at 14:18
Regular
"..."
Exactly.

So Kawada, are we still on for storming Stamford and taking control of the creative department?
Fri 29/07/05 at 14:17
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Personally i feel anyone could have gotten over with that gimmick as it was just basically the cheapest sort of heat a wrestler can generate. Sure he doesn't botch anything but that's quite an indication of how poor WWE has become when not botching anything is actually worthy of comment and praise.
Fri 29/07/05 at 14:11
Regular
"..."
Agreed. Abysmal finisher as well.

How hard-up must you be for a finishing move to actually have to steal one from Scott Steiner. Surely the camel clutch would have made more sense?

EDIT: I suppose most people see him as a good worker simply because he doesn't botch anything like most of the current roster. I remember a time when just not botching would earn you a place on the mid-card, but surely you need something more about you than the current crop of WWE generic-heel-a-likes (See Hassan, Jordan and Carlito) to deserve a push?
Fri 29/07/05 at 14:08
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Never understood why people claim Hassan's ring work is good. I haven't seen anything from him that makes him stand out from the average worker. Generic moveset for a generic heel
Fri 29/07/05 at 14:01
Regular
"..."
The Wardy wrote:
> I personally hope he isnt fired because he is a good wrestler and can
> be good entertainment in my opinion even if i hated his gimmick. He
> has the skills they need to be used right.

Disagree, he is very well spoken and delivers very solid promos, but his in-ring work is average at best.
Thu 28/07/05 at 22:53
Regular
"you've got a beard"
if he knew he wanted to try NFL, he shouldn't have signed the 10-year deal.
Thu 28/07/05 at 22:26
Regular
"One Man Landslide"
Ant wrote:
> I hope you all realise though...that trying out for the NFL was
> actually the MUCH harder option.
>
> He could of just stuck with his lovely wage and mass popularity. But
> instead he followed his dream, taking a massive paycut in the process
> I expect...

He also could have left properly, like Spanky perhaps, putting someone over massively in the process and having the scheduled feud with 'Taker to give Creative some time to write him out of WWE convincingly - doing the job. But no, Brock bawled and bailed, leaving WWE in the lurch and forcing the other guys to make up for his absence. It's a disgusting way to do business.

NFL being the harder option is completely irrelevant - he made it clear (both through his actions and through interviews) that he felt "NFL > Wrestling". Followed his dream? Followed a pipe dream, perhaps - I notice he wasn't paying much attention to his "dream" when he ditched American football at high school and chose wrestling instead. If it was what he really wanted to do, why didn't he do it earlier? Maybe part of the reason it was so hard for him was that you have to be more than athletically-freakish to make it in the NFL, but clearly he didn't give that enough consideration at the time.

> Okay, so he failed. But you can't diss a guy that much for just
> trying to do what he really wanted to do.

You can when he not only defecates all over wrestling (the business that he owes his entire fortune to, and the business I and so many others are so passionate about) by running away when life stopped being "Push-Win-Push" then come crawling back to that same business less than two years later, expecting to earn more money from it.

> But I
> don't think what he did in the first place was all that wrong
> anyway...

That statement really, really makes me question your respect for wrestling as a whole.
Thu 28/07/05 at 22:19
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
He could have, of course, decided to try out for the NFL before even accepting a deal to start pro wrestling...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.