GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anticipation rating for PS3...."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 23/07/05 at 21:39
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
...mine just went through the roof. I just saw in-game footage of Killzone 2 and it was unbelievable. Get a copy of this months PSW, there are about 10 different titles and the majority of them look brilliant. So now I know there's be plenty of titles I want to play, and that isn't even including GTA, I can't wait for PS3, supposing it is £300.
Fri 05/08/05 at 23:32
Regular
"8==="
Apparently the 360 footage was running off less powerful hardware than the 360 will have available to it. Never the less Ghost Recon 3 was effectively in-game footage, it was a game, it was being played: just not on the hardware we can expect the 360 to have.

In short: What we saw of the 360 should look even better come release.

Oh and in-game footage offers a better idea of a game than FMV movies do. As far as credibility goes MS are certainly ahead, but then again they need to be considering we'll be able to buy 360's by the end of the year.
Fri 05/08/05 at 23:24
"High polygon count"
All of the E3 fottage was 'fake' as far as I know - even the 360 stuff.

According to reports in the mags, MS are still running 360 software off of 3 seperate cores and not actual 360 hardware. So in essence, it's as fake as the PS3 footage.
Fri 05/08/05 at 23:21
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I'm not looking forward to the PS3 as much as I was, not after that 'fake' E3 footage. But I'm still looking forward to the next GTA, so it's a bit of a set back if I won't be able to play it for another year and a bit. Hopefully Rockstar and MS and Sony will come to some agreement that'll allow it to appear on the 360 first. But until then, I may get a PSP with Liberty City Stories.
Fri 05/08/05 at 01:50
"High polygon count"
Well, I'm happy to wait.

Well, maybe not happy, but willing.

I've no plans to get a 360.
Fri 05/08/05 at 01:47
Regular
"8==="
Gamespot had an interesting article about the possibility of the PS3 being held back (outside of Japan) until 2007.

It was right next to the 'Sony strapped for cash' article.

The idea is that Sony cut the price of the PS2 and let that combat the more expensive 360 until 2007: allowing Sony to make more PS3 units and not run into the same problems they've had with the PSP.
Thu 04/08/05 at 16:14
Regular
"Im a Daddy :-)"
There is now whispers of PS3 missing 2006 in europe!
Tue 02/08/05 at 15:27
Regular
"8==="
You should get live then. :P

Pro Evo!
Tue 02/08/05 at 13:09
Regular
Kawada wrote:
> Blank wrote:
> I didn't start playing games with the original Playstation, as you
> seem to think, I started real gaming with a ZX Spectrum that my Dad
> brought home one night. A console that you had to wait a good twenty
> minutes of loading time to play, and would quite often crash anyway.
>
>
> Ah those were good days. I can picture me and my friends sat around
> the Commodore 64 watching the numbers roll by eagerly awaiting to
> play a game now.

Ghostbusters was the best loading game on the C64, it let you play Space Invaders while you waited ;).
Tue 02/08/05 at 04:21
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I'm sure we'd agree if we could actually speak to one another. We agree that it's games that matter. This is crazy, and, yes, stupid, and has been from the start.
Tue 02/08/05 at 04:00
Regular
"8==="
Blank wrote:
> Hedfix wrote:
> Fair enough. :)
>
> Yes, I didn't actually want a several hour long argument. You
> probably didn't either. But hey ho.

Up until 3 I was watching tv and checking back.

This Last hour seems to have gone by quite fast really.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.