GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anticipation rating for PS3...."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 23/07/05 at 21:39
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
...mine just went through the roof. I just saw in-game footage of Killzone 2 and it was unbelievable. Get a copy of this months PSW, there are about 10 different titles and the majority of them look brilliant. So now I know there's be plenty of titles I want to play, and that isn't even including GTA, I can't wait for PS3, supposing it is £300.
Sat 06/08/05 at 01:38
Regular
"8==="
I find the sticks annoying and the D-pad too small.

Infact the whole thing's just too damn small.
Sat 06/08/05 at 01:04
Regular
"Ruddie1"
Thats so perfect! One of the major downs to the PS2 is the pad! Why do they keep putting the stick in a place where it should never have been!
Sat 06/08/05 at 00:40
"High polygon count"
Glad to help! :-)
Sat 06/08/05 at 00:38
Regular
"8==="
*Adds to bookmarks*

Excellent, that's the final hurdle cleared so it looks like I shall finally get myself a PS2 then. :)
Sat 06/08/05 at 00:35
"High polygon count"
[URL]http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=164&products_id=7051&[/URL]

But be quick... SR don't like this kind of thing!
Sat 06/08/05 at 00:32
Regular
"8==="
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
>
> Why not just buy the Xbox-to-PS2 controller adapter from Lik Sang?

Got a link?

I've seen the 'use PS2 controller on Xbox' adapters but never the 'Xbox controller to PS2' adapter.

If it exists then I want one.
Sat 06/08/05 at 00:17
"High polygon count"
Hedfix wrote:
> I intend to test the next PS3 pad throughly before forking out for
> one.

Ignore the one in the photos from E3 - it's a prototype only.

For me, there are 3 changes which would make the DualShock the perfect pad:

1. Put an 'octagon' around the analogue sticks so that you can hit the main 8 directions perfectly - like on the Gamecube pad.

2. Replace the L2 and R2 buttons with full analogue triggers.

3. Make the tops of the analogue sticks concave rather than convex, for improved grip.

> It's a pain because I can get an Xbox-style knock-off for my PC but
> not for a PS2.

Why not just buy the Xbox-to-PS2 controller adapter from Lik Sang?
Sat 06/08/05 at 00:13
"High polygon count"
Hedfix wrote:
> In short: What we saw of the 360 should look even better come
> release.

Obviously. Without final hardware, any demo is going to look inferior to the final product as it's effectively running on an emulator, which will detract from performance. There aren't currently any processors capable of emulating the 360 or PS3.

> Oh and in-game footage offers a better idea of a game than FMV movies
> do.

Well, in that case, you should know that - in similar fashion - the Unreal Engine demo (ported in just a couple of months) was running off of hardware approximating the PS3, and was interactively controlled using a DualShock in real time. (See Edge, July 2005.) An impressive demo, I'd say, and a good indicator of what the final machine will be capable of.

The Killzone demo may have been FMV, but it is - according to the developer - a good indication of what to expect from the final game.

But as you say, MS are further ahead in development, so it's not surprising that they have 'real' demos.

> As far as credibility goes MS are certainly ahead

Well, that depends whether you consider needing to pay a specially selected audience to cheer your machine to be 'credible' behaviour! :-) (Again, see Edge, July 2005)

MS will certainly need their lead, but I don't see it doing them that much good in the long run. Nor does the industry in general, from what I've been reading - the 360 demos at E3 being greatly overshadowed by the PS3.

The PS2 has more than held its own despite Xbox having the edge in power and graphics. With the next generation, Microsoft lose both of those advantages. And we don't even know yet if it will be fully backwards-compatible.
Sat 06/08/05 at 00:03
Regular
"8==="
I intend to test the next PS3 pad throughly before forking out for one.

I have high-hopes for decent third party controllers but then again I had the same high-hopes for PS2 controller variations which never really appeared.

It's a pain because I can get an Xbox-style knock-off for my PC but not for a PS2.
Fri 05/08/05 at 23:33
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I'm just gonna wait until I can test out these new consoles in the stores before I allow myself to get worked up again. But right now I'm considering getting a PSP as the new GTA looks great, so that's my priority just now.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.