GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Smoking (thread closed)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 12/07/05 at 20:53
Regular
"Not a Jew"
This isn't another "omgay, smokin is bad 4 u!!!" but more of a question to anyone here who smokes - is it just the cardboard chemical crap from the UK/US companies or more rarer exotic stuff like Giantes? Not a smoker myself but I'd like to know.
Fri 15/07/05 at 16:36
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
smv wrote:
> Yay for Light, voice of reason in this thread. And a non-smoker to
> boot!

Heh. It's been a LONG time since I was called that!
Fri 15/07/05 at 13:54
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Seriously, people over there only walk the distance to their car. In some towns, there's not a pavement to be seen. So instead of walking, they're releasing car fumes into the air. Amongst other fumes.

As for smoking, I'm a non-smoker, and always will be. Just because I don't want to spend loads of money on fags. There are better things to do.

No offense to anyone who smokes.
Fri 15/07/05 at 13:08
gamesfreak wrote:
> Everything over there is big

You're right there.

A har de har har.
Fri 15/07/05 at 13:03
Regular
This has become insane.

Although, I'll add my slight irrelavent input into the thread. Concerning America and their pollutive levels.

Everything over there is big, cars are big, trucks are big, their engines are huge. Without a doubt, every car you see over there will have a 3 to 12 litre engine humming away and drinking petrol.

I've just realised how stupid this sounds. I shall leave you to continue your debate.
Fri 15/07/05 at 12:54
Regular
"serenity now!"
Yay for Light, voice of reason in this thread. And a non-smoker to boot!
Fri 15/07/05 at 12:53
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Rai wrote:
> Let's all point the car pollution blame at America.
>
> It's their fault.

~sigh~

No, it isn't (if anything, the developing world with their inefficiently fuelled cars are). But America are a big polluter, and no amount of affected sarcasm can change that fact.
Fri 15/07/05 at 12:52
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
munn wrote:
> Light wrote:

> If you stood on the edge of the kerb in Bath Street, Glasgow, for 8
> hours, it would be the equivelant of smoking 40 ciggerettes a day (if
> you don't know, Bath Street is the 3rd most polluted street in
> BritaiN), so it's true something needs to be done, but on that same
> token, people smoking 40 ciggerettes a day damage themselves as much
> as they would breathing in exhaust fumes from cars for 8 hours every
> day, so somehting also needs to be done about that.
>
> No?

No.

Raise their awareness about what they're doing to themselves, yes. But don't take away their right to do whatever the hell they want with their health and their bodies.
Fri 15/07/05 at 12:45
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Let's all point the car pollution blame at America.

It's their fault.
Fri 15/07/05 at 12:40
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Yep, I think we need to cut the smoke and cut the exhaust! Why won't the government do anything.
Fri 15/07/05 at 12:38
Regular
Light wrote:
> You do indeed have a very good point about the pollution argument,
> but the gist of what I'm trying to say is that the "secondary
> smoke" argument for banning smoking holds no water at all when
> we live in such a polluted environment anyway, and when that
> pollution is going to continue because of our dependance on cars.

I wasn't arguing against secondary smoke though, I can just waft it away or something, annoying as it is.

And with teh cars again, I just remembered sonething told me a few years back.

If you stood on the edge of the kerb in Bath Street, Glasgow, for 8 hours, it would be the equivelant of smoking 40 ciggerettes a day (if you don't know, Bath Street is the 3rd most polluted street in BritaiN), so it's true something needs to be done, but on that same token, people smoking 40 ciggerettes a day damage themselves as much as they would breathing in exhaust fumes from cars for 8 hours every day, so somehting also needs to be done about that.

No?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.