GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mild Religious Philosophy"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 19/06/05 at 20:20
Regular
"SOUP!"
First there was equal weight attached: Moon, Sun, Wind, Earth, Water, all the things that man could see around him.

Next, as man began to understand dominance, and a hierarchical order to society, so did he impose that structure on his "gods".

The sun became the dominant god, considered the "father", and the moon became the "spouse" of the sun, essentially the second most powerful god.

As time progressed, so did man's intellect. Expression and abstract thought became more important to man as man became aware of himself. (Please understand the male pronoun being used as in classical literature, denoting both male and female.)

So mankind's gods evolved too. They become Zeus (sun), and other gods evolve from all of man's emerging emotions.

The next step in the evolution of religion (if you skip Rome before Christianity, which was essentially Greek gods transfigured into Roman gods), was Judaism. This recognized a connection of all that was "primal", and combined it into one omnipotent God.

But even then, there were archangels...beings with godly powers, but subordinate to "God", and derived from God.

Then there came Christianity. Jesus Christ walked the earth, and he was the very first to see the truth...that all of creation is connected. That each and every one of us is a part of God.

Think about that for a moment...it means that it is ludicrous for any human to act in violence against another human, because ultimately, we are all contributing to God. Only thing is, one man's god is another man's devil.

Think about it...as religion evolved, each preceding religion became "paganism" or "devil worship". Don't you see that this is just man's attempt to impose order on his peers?

As time moves on, the religions become ever more fine tuned to keep man in order.

Religion is evil.

Religion seeks to control.

Spirituality - that is what man must strive for.

Once man is in touch with his spirit, all war will cease. People will realize that they are more alike than different. Every year, more and more people are seeing it. That it is ludicrous to fight.

And the one thing the people who want to exploit this are afraid to face: We WILL resist.
Tue 21/06/05 at 11:42
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Sibs wrote:
> What's so bad about anarchy...?

There'd be nobody around making Diet Coke and Pringles.
Tue 21/06/05 at 11:40
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
FantasyMeister wrote:
> Hopefully one day people will realise that there is no hell, no god,
> no afterlife, and yet still be able to retain social order rather
> than become anarchistic.

What's so bad about anarchy...?
Tue 21/06/05 at 11:01
Regular
FantasyMeister wrote:
> Replace religion with spirituality and you've got the same thing,
> millions will reject it, millions will accept it, and wars will be
> contested between water diviners and mediums. Holy crusades will be
> effected against ouija board users and Jihads will abound against
> people who use tonic water (thereby diluting their spirit,
> sacrilige).

Haha! He said spirituality, not spiritualism! :-)
Basically he means that everyone has their own personal beliefs, rather than some authoritan group telling us what to believe.

You were right though.
There's more ways to enforce dogma than religion and people would find a new way to manipulate people. Patriotism is being abused in America at the moment, and I'm sure that more will follow.

And there'll be a new breed of rebels to recognise the BS and sort it all out. That's the way that the circle turns. :-)
Tue 21/06/05 at 09:48
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Paradox: wrote:
> As time moves on, the religions become ever more fine tuned to keep
> man in order.
>
> Religion is evil.
>
> Religion seeks to control.
>
> Spirituality - that is what man must strive for.

You're basically relegating religion into the realms of paganism and replacing it with something equally abstract. Aetheists pretty much do this with religion in the first place, but generally we don't try to replace it with anything. Personally I see religion as a valuable control mechanism which keeps societies bound together, it's just a shame there are so many different religions pitting societies against each other.

Replace religion with spirituality and you've got the same thing, millions will reject it, millions will accept it, and wars will be contested between water diviners and mediums. Holy crusades will be effected against ouija board users and Jihads will abound against people who use tonic water (thereby diluting their spirit, sacrilige).

Hopefully one day people will realise that there is no hell, no god, no afterlife, and yet still be able to retain social order rather than become anarchistic.

Meantime aetheists continue to struggle with their defining mantra: "What is the point of it all?"
Tue 21/06/05 at 09:01
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> Are you saying that those traits no longer exist?

Are you trying to imply that they're still driving factors behind the day to day life of mankind?

Your sort of "This is what I see, ergo this is the way things will always be" bullturds annoys the hell out of me. If humanity listened to the likes of you, we'd all still be sitting in trees screaming defiance at the monkeys two trees along, and eating our meat raw.

Cos hey; it'd always been like that. And at least then your pervading sense of smug self-satisfaction would have some sort of justification, as opposed to being the main weapon in the fight against the creeping realisation that the most important events of your life thus far revolve around a fake helmet from a poorly received movie.

[edit] Hmm...stop-start summers must bring out the worst in me...
Mon 20/06/05 at 22:05
Regular
"Not a Jew"
More so on the internet.

It would have been better without the Einstein comment though.
Mon 20/06/05 at 22:03
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Defensive much?
Mon 20/06/05 at 21:37
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Yes Goatboy, come break my legs then.

If you want some *facts* then one of the theories is the cattle rustlers/owners in Africa would take cows and run miles and miles with them - usually because they were stolen. Obviously they now had more cattle and so more money - and attracted interest of more women. These men - the fast runners - had offspring and were more successful, passing down, in the genes to their children, which were also in turn, good runners.

And children generally are ignorant, Goatboy. That's why Einstein didn't come up with his Theory of Relativity when he was three.
Mon 20/06/05 at 21:29
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
RoJ wrote:
> Bascially I always thought as a child that black people could run
> faster because they always had to chase dropped food packages in the
> desert.
---------

See, monkey was asking a factual question - in much the same way that caucasians seem to get their asses beaten at boxing too.
Your comment is ignorant, racist and about 15yrs too late.
Mon 20/06/05 at 21:27
Regular
"I like cheese"
Heh @ RoJ.

I ran the 200m once when I was about 16 at the TSB District School Athletics Championships. I found myself up against 3 black kids.

I ran my backside off, nailed a new personal best at that distance, and promptly threw up at the end.

And I still came 4th.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.