GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mild Religious Philosophy"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 19/06/05 at 20:20
Regular
"SOUP!"
First there was equal weight attached: Moon, Sun, Wind, Earth, Water, all the things that man could see around him.

Next, as man began to understand dominance, and a hierarchical order to society, so did he impose that structure on his "gods".

The sun became the dominant god, considered the "father", and the moon became the "spouse" of the sun, essentially the second most powerful god.

As time progressed, so did man's intellect. Expression and abstract thought became more important to man as man became aware of himself. (Please understand the male pronoun being used as in classical literature, denoting both male and female.)

So mankind's gods evolved too. They become Zeus (sun), and other gods evolve from all of man's emerging emotions.

The next step in the evolution of religion (if you skip Rome before Christianity, which was essentially Greek gods transfigured into Roman gods), was Judaism. This recognized a connection of all that was "primal", and combined it into one omnipotent God.

But even then, there were archangels...beings with godly powers, but subordinate to "God", and derived from God.

Then there came Christianity. Jesus Christ walked the earth, and he was the very first to see the truth...that all of creation is connected. That each and every one of us is a part of God.

Think about that for a moment...it means that it is ludicrous for any human to act in violence against another human, because ultimately, we are all contributing to God. Only thing is, one man's god is another man's devil.

Think about it...as religion evolved, each preceding religion became "paganism" or "devil worship". Don't you see that this is just man's attempt to impose order on his peers?

As time moves on, the religions become ever more fine tuned to keep man in order.

Religion is evil.

Religion seeks to control.

Spirituality - that is what man must strive for.

Once man is in touch with his spirit, all war will cease. People will realize that they are more alike than different. Every year, more and more people are seeing it. That it is ludicrous to fight.

And the one thing the people who want to exploit this are afraid to face: We WILL resist.
Tue 05/07/05 at 21:20
"Darkness, always"
The predictability of it all.

Bless.
Tue 05/07/05 at 15:44
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Bah. Pesky staffies, spoiling my petulant fit...
Tue 05/07/05 at 15:38
Regular
"Woke up this mornin"
*sniggers*

It was bugging me anyway, pedant that I am.
Tue 05/07/05 at 13:06
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Hush. Or I'll point out your mis-spelling of "Philosophy".
Tue 05/07/05 at 12:59
Regular
"SOUP!"
I made people argue.

Idiots.
Tue 05/07/05 at 09:00
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Insane Bartender wrote:

> lol!
>
> Your misdirected vitriol never fails to raise a smile. But I no
> longer come here to press my dim view of the world on a captive
> audience of repressed teenagers.

Heh. He said, having tried in this thread to press a view of his on...well, I wouldn't have been so derogatory about the rest of the board. But then, I don't have low self-esteem issues, so...

> So arguing with you, despite your
> poor interpretation of my views, is less than a productive use of my
> time.

A poor interpretation? Yet you're utterly unable to clarify it? Yeah, I guess arguing with me is a waste of your time; after all, you only end up folding immediately and muttering about arrogance and vitriol. Poor IB; you've never been the same since you dissed your girlfriend on the board.

>
> I no longer get a rise out of these discussions once reason leaves
> them for name-calling and dummy throwing.

...which is exactly why you made a point of coming back here and commenting on it? Whilst attempting a few barbs of your own? Heh; methinks the trooper doth protest too much.

> I made a flippant comment,
> two in fact, and make no apology for it.

And you feel the need to point this out because...? I mean, you can't be stressing your lack of apology just for the sake of it; you don't get a rise out of that anymore, do you?
Mon 04/07/05 at 23:31
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
You dress like a Stormtrooper and wear ladies garments!!!
Mon 04/07/05 at 21:31
"Darkness, always"
Light wrote:
> Your sort of "This is what I see, ergo this is the way things
> will always be" bullturds annoys the hell out of me. If humanity
> listened to the likes of you, we'd all still be sitting in trees
> screaming defiance at the monkeys two trees along, and eating our
> meat raw.

lol!

Your misdirected vitriol never fails to raise a smile. But I no longer come here to press my dim view of the world on a captive audience of repressed teenagers. So arguing with you, despite your poor interpretation of my views, is less than a productive use of my time.

I no longer get a rise out of these discussions once reason leaves them for name-calling and dummy throwing. I made a flippant comment, two in fact, and make no apology for it.
Tue 21/06/05 at 16:29
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
T'would be a disaster though. No diet coke? No pringles? What about the rest of our artery clogging food?
Tue 21/06/05 at 11:51
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
T'would solve all our obesity problems...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.