GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Grades for Uni"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 18/06/05 at 17:47
Regular
"SOUP!"
I've already been allocated a room and made deposits, yada yada yada for my uni - but my place is based on me getting BBB grades.

I've already got an A in media and arent at all worries about English, but if I failed to get a B in history do you think they'd be likely to offer me a place anyway or would they bothered revsersing all of the uni stuff and throwing me out on my ear?

Also, A-level history courses are too big. There's too much stuff to learn capably.
Tue 21/06/05 at 13:52
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
gamesfreak wrote:
> You both did the AQA papers, right?
>
> CPT4 was pretty nice.

They were throwing marks at you. :)

> CPT5 was stupidly easy

AQA got lazy and rolled all the past papers into one. Lovely. :)

>
> And we got a question on drawing a webpage! Woot!

Yes! Only 5 marks, but still! It was the first exam in June to have an HTML question since 2002... lucky us (again!). :D
Tue 21/06/05 at 13:51
Regular
You both did the AQA papers, right?

CPT4 was pretty nice.
CPT5 was stupidly easy

And we got a question on drawing a webpage! Woot!
Tue 21/06/05 at 13:29
Regular
"the burning sky"
Bah, after stats tomorrow, I still have 5 hours of exams left...
Tue 21/06/05 at 13:01
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
I couldn't find answers anyway. :) Oh well.

But yes, I think it's for the best. 1 more exam and I'm finished, which is good.

Oh, and +1 for cramming. :D
Tue 21/06/05 at 12:36
Regular
"the burning sky"
Chipseh wrote:
> Haha, it was "Hilter". :) But yes, I know what they were
> implying.

I had to stop myself from laughing. The first time I read it, it looked like Hitler, then I realised it wasnt. Thumbs up to AQA for lightening the exam up a bit. There was nothing to do with 3rd world countries/ aid relief...

> Now to go check my marks with everone else.

I hate doing that after exams. If I come out thinking I've done ok, i'd rather stay like that and leave it till results day, rather than be told I've not got the same as someone else...
Tue 21/06/05 at 12:26
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Haha, it was "Hilter". :) But yes, I know what they were implying. Mr Abdul doing arabic, too. :)

Aaah, my God, CPT 4 was eeeeeasy! They were throwing marks at you!

CPT5 required more thought, but I think it went OK. Now to go check my marks with everone else.
Tue 21/06/05 at 11:02
Regular
"the burning sky"
That was a beautiful exam, loads of cheap mark questions. Couple of dodgy one markers, but overall really nice. If you'd revised the past papers, you shouldnt have had any problems. Also, the first Cpt exam to make me laugh. Ms Hitler anyone? AS German?
Mon 20/06/05 at 22:26
Regular
I hope we get a question like: -

"Draw the outcome of this HTML code

Computing

Hello World!

"

Those questions just throw marks at you :p
Mon 20/06/05 at 21:26
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
ASP + HTML questions are so, so easy. They literally give marks away.

There was a fantastic question last year about Codecs and storage medium for video files (I think). If that came up I'd be incredibly happy.

But instead we'll get, "Normalise this Database".

Urgh.
Mon 20/06/05 at 21:23
Regular
"the burning sky"
Chipseh wrote:
> I've just been going over past papers for the last two hours,
> learning definitions here and there. I hope they give us an HTML
> question, I really do.

Same here... and thro' in some ASP for good measure...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.