GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Am I going down?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 03/06/05 at 20:16
Regular
Some may remember a tale I told about a barn.

This barn, after a bit of idiocy from my close friend neal. Got burnt to the ground. In brief, my friend was working in a barn. Stacking a selection of broken chip and pin machines. It was a cold day in January and so he decided to start a fire to keep warm. Using my lighter my friend recklessly started a fire on a stack of boxes and then later, upon request, in a bin, away from danger. As the situation wore on my friend moved the bin nearer to him, which I questioned, the fire flicked from the metal bin and hit a stack of boxes. To cut a long story short, the barn burnt to the ground.

1 month later he is arrested, he tells his arresting officer that it was I that started the fire. So I was arrested. I told the truth, as stated above. 4 months down the line we are both charged with Arson.

I appear in court next week.

I am, as some will known, a Cambridge university student, with a small desire to be a teacher. This offense could see my dreams dashed and my prospects ruined. I have no idea what the minimum sentence is (be it imprisonment or community service), nor do I know EXACTLY what I did wrong.

At the moment my "close friend" still insists it was I that was responsible for the fire.

Help???
Page:
Fri 03/06/05 at 23:12
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Oh dear Dringo, wait till the jury see all those Nintendo essays you wrote. Oh well, nice knowing you.
Fri 03/06/05 at 23:12
Regular
"Selected"
I'd love it if we all got called to appear in Dringo's case for posting in here which somehow affected the evidence.

I'd stab everyone in the back for sweet freedom, "neal" style.
Fri 03/06/05 at 23:22
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Nah, you couldn't use this or the original post on the fire because Dringo changed the story in places.

They don't have GameCubes in prison :(
Fri 03/06/05 at 23:45
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Dringo wrote:
> Starting a contained fire in a farm is not a reckless idea,
> especially if it is set away from anything flammable.
----

Says the guy charged with arson.
If you do get found guilty, and you *were* with him and the barn *did* burn costing almost £100k damage, you'll probably just get fined and a suspended sentence with a "very silly" lecture from the judge.
Or, if the magistrate has had a bad day and recently lost his family in a barn-fire, you'll be thrown into prison with a large man called Mary, who will open you up like a christmas present.

*shrugs*
Here's to the future
Fri 03/06/05 at 23:46
Regular
"The definitive tag"
What the hell were you doing in the barn in the first place? If you wanted to get warm then you should have just gone home. Probably will be something the prosecution focus strongly on.
Sat 04/06/05 at 00:00
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Goatboy wrote:
> Here's to the future

Ouch. :D

I do sympathise though.
Sat 04/06/05 at 00:03
Regular
"SOUP!"
Goatboy wrote:

> Or, if the magistrate has had a bad day and recently lost his family
> in a barn-fire, you'll be thrown into prison with a large man called
> Mary, who will open you up like a christmas present.

Thats the funniest thing I read all day.

hahaha :D
Sat 04/06/05 at 01:36
Regular
"bit of a brain"
mikelar wrote:
> I'd stab everyone in the back for sweet freedom, "neal"
> style.

For me it might have been this. Although it's very early in the day.
Sat 04/06/05 at 06:46
Don't sweat about it, Dring. In the worst case scenario, you'll still be out in time for the Nintendo Revolution's launch.
Sat 04/06/05 at 08:23
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Dringo wrote:
> It was never a laugh, it was terrifying. I didn't expect my friend to
> get in trouble with the police as it was an accident. I certainly
> didn't imagine him telling them it was me.

*shrug* Not the way I read it the first time. You mention later it was away from anything flammable. Weren't you sliding down a pile of something like hay or polysterene chips? I'm sure it was something like that.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.