GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Am I going down?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 03/06/05 at 20:16
Regular
Some may remember a tale I told about a barn.

This barn, after a bit of idiocy from my close friend neal. Got burnt to the ground. In brief, my friend was working in a barn. Stacking a selection of broken chip and pin machines. It was a cold day in January and so he decided to start a fire to keep warm. Using my lighter my friend recklessly started a fire on a stack of boxes and then later, upon request, in a bin, away from danger. As the situation wore on my friend moved the bin nearer to him, which I questioned, the fire flicked from the metal bin and hit a stack of boxes. To cut a long story short, the barn burnt to the ground.

1 month later he is arrested, he tells his arresting officer that it was I that started the fire. So I was arrested. I told the truth, as stated above. 4 months down the line we are both charged with Arson.

I appear in court next week.

I am, as some will known, a Cambridge university student, with a small desire to be a teacher. This offense could see my dreams dashed and my prospects ruined. I have no idea what the minimum sentence is (be it imprisonment or community service), nor do I know EXACTLY what I did wrong.

At the moment my "close friend" still insists it was I that was responsible for the fire.

Help???
Page:
Sat 24/09/05 at 18:37
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Dringo wrote:

> I wasn't planning to leave the incident off, but my parents insist
> that I should.
>
> Confusing.

I'm with your parents on this one. OK your CV should be truthful but there's no section to say what your record is so I should overlook that bit otherwise any job application will end up in the bin without question.

How long does it stay on your record do you know? I think it's 10 years but I could be wrong.
Sat 24/09/05 at 15:34
Regular
Strafio wrote:

> Still, could've been worse, and the chances are you'll get a decent
> job at the end of Cambridge. Just make sure you leave this little
> incident off your CV. ;-)

I wasn't planning to leave the incident off, but my parents insist that I should.

Confusing.
Sat 24/09/05 at 15:32
Regular
Emitime wrote:
> Yeah.
>
> This way he's only £95500 down.

It wasn't just the farmer who lost money...

That'll teach them for not following health and saftey guidelines and having fire extinguishers (joke... joke).
Sat 24/09/05 at 15:30
Regular
Smedlos wrote:
> With regards to you wanting to be a teacher what are you going to do
> now? I myself work in a school and everyone has to be vetted by the
> Criminal Records Bureau and if anything shows up you can't be offered
> a job in a school.

It is never a good thing to have but it doesn't stop you getting a job. At least my teachers tell me that.

> I know it's harsh reading the chain of events but as far as I can see
> your desire to be a teacher has now been destroyed and you'll have to
> find a different career path for the time being at least.

Tempted by the publishing industry.
Sat 24/09/05 at 15:18
Regular
"the burning sky"
monkey_man wrote:
> Yaaaaaaar, insurance is crap.

I had my mountain-bike pilfered from my garden shed, which I hadnt ridden in about 2 years. But my insurance gave me cash to the current retail value for the same type of bike. :D
Sat 24/09/05 at 15:07
Regular
£10 a week! Ouch!
All for hanging around with the wrong guy in the wrong place. :-S
Still, could've been worse, and the chances are you'll get a decent job at the end of Cambridge. Just make sure you leave this little incident off your CV. ;-)
Sat 24/09/05 at 12:51
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I tell ye a story. One year, twas 1993 or thereabouts, a young monkey_man took a brand new Nintendo Gameboy to Redbridge Sports Centre. But land pirates were yonder and said Gameboy was stolen from young monkey_man. Distraught be he, as tracked the thief was, but the receptionist had seen nothing and the Gameboy was gone. Many moons later the insurance cheque arrived - 30% short of the treasure requested. Yaaaaaaar, insurance is crap, knives are a much better solution.
Sat 24/09/05 at 11:43
Regular
"8==="
That's what insurance is for.
Sat 24/09/05 at 11:43
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Dringo wrote:
> That ends that. As soon as the news reaches the net i'll post a link
> but then this whole sorry affair can come to an end.

Jesus. All that wailing for nothing.

What an anticlimax to your "book"
Sat 24/09/05 at 11:39
Regular
"\\"
Yeah.

This way he's only £95500 down.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.