GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Which 5 games..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 02/11/04 at 16:19
"Darkness, always"
Would I want to have if I bought an XBOX?

Gamecube seems to be gathering dust, and I've been mildly impressed by some of the XBOX game adverts I've seen. Hence am potentially in the market.

Questions though - is it worth it if I own a high-spec PC?
Can I get 'normal' shaped controllers (the ones I've used are chunky, and gay)?
Why does it have memory card slots on the controllers if it has a hard-drive?

Thanks,
IB
Wed 03/11/04 at 21:46
Regular
I actually find the keyboard and mouse much better for the 1st Splinter Cell. No idea about the 2nd because I haven't played it.
Wed 03/11/04 at 20:20
Regular
"gsybe you!"
It's great - leave Kiosk, guard the back, whatever.

Both the downloaded maps are terrific, although Rivermall is less slanted to Mercs, as Federal Bank can be.
Wed 03/11/04 at 19:14
Regular
As I said, I don't rate either map and wouldn't choose to play them over the ones in there as standard.
Wed 03/11/04 at 14:28
Regular
Nah, it's well balanced.

Very easy to cover with Mercs if you know what you're doing. The size seems daunting at first, but as long as you communicate it's quite easy to cover.

The way it's designed tends to result in some really tense matches no matter which side you're on.
Wed 03/11/04 at 12:40
Regular
How the hell is it balanced? It is probably the easiest map to single out a merc using 2 spies and going with the logic that it is only fun when playing with people who you knoew; if they are half decent it is a walk over 90% of the time.
Wed 03/11/04 at 12:03
Regular
"gsybe you!"
River Mall isn't too big - it's balanced. I've won many a game as both spy and merc on it, and lost many as well. Not because it's too big, but because either my team mate and I didn't sort stuff out, or we made mistakes.
Wed 03/11/04 at 11:21
Regular
"Touched!"
I liked River Mall a lot, but no one plays it. I still prefer Warehouse though as long as no one is glitching.
Wed 03/11/04 at 09:57
Regular
It suffered from the same problem as 50% of the standard maps, it was too big for 2 vs 2. I didn't dislike the design but it was just too big.
Wed 03/11/04 at 09:45
Regular
The River Mall's one of the best designed and most played levels in the game.
Wed 03/11/04 at 09:24
Regular
You know why they say their CD keys don't work? They ripped them from cracking software. That happens for all PC gamers who don't buy the retail version.

As for the downloadable content. There are always modders out there who develop extra levels and what not. I haven't looked into it enough to see if there are any. In light of how poor the Xbox ones were I can't say I am fussed.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.