GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Official Xbox E3 Thread"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 16/05/05 at 00:54
Regular
"Touched!"
Right folks. It's that time of year again. E3 begins this week and I'll be interested to see what sort of new 360 images/videos and new games will be announced. Post images, news and video links here. Personally I'm hoping for some in game PGR3 shots and some PD0 shots. I cannot wait to get my hands on the 360. I'll post some of the games we can look forward to tomorrow when I can be bothered.
Tue 17/05/05 at 03:25
Regular
"thursdayton!"
I have no idea what they'll be showing, which is cool. I'm hoping to be pleasantly suprised. Hell, seeing Reggie again will be good fun. Right, I'm off to bed.. thought you said you were going about two hours ago? :P
Tue 17/05/05 at 03:34
Reggie is the best speaker around. Certainly beats the main Sony "I'm an accountant" guy, though Bald Allard ain't too bad. In fact, bald people in general do well.

I said I was going? Ah well...
Tue 17/05/05 at 04:08
Regular
"Touched!"
Backwards compatible comfirmed. Bye bye Xbox!
Tue 17/05/05 at 04:11
sPiKeCaSt wrote:
> Backwards compatible comfirmed. Bye bye Xbox!

Course, I had the foresight to sell it off way in advance. :)

I haven't heard so much marketing "Best console eva" crap ever. And Allard looks like a chav.

"Blah blah HD era blah blah"
Tue 17/05/05 at 04:25
Heh, it can link up to a PSP apparently.
Tue 17/05/05 at 05:16
That was a real crap press briefing. Before this, I didn't really care much for the PS3 and was waiting in anticipation for the 360. What a U turn.

There was no Halo 3, and just a smidgen of PD Zero in their "Oh look, another game trailer" presentation.
Tue 17/05/05 at 10:13
Regular
"BOSE"
Ashman wrote:
> 50 players online?
>
> What about lag? And voice communication?

the Xbox360 comes with a headset yeah
Tue 17/05/05 at 12:28
Regular
Sounds like Microsoft trumped on their E3.

Nintendo's show should be very interesting later today though. Unlike Microsoft, very little is actually known about what they'll be showing. I've seen some of the PS3 stuff and while technically impressive, I'm not gonna be taken in by Devil May Cry, MGS3 and whatever other dullness they showed.
Tue 17/05/05 at 13:07
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Daveus wrote:
> Ashman wrote:
> 50 players online?
>
> What about lag? And voice communication?
>
>
> the Xbox360 comes with a headset yeah

But 50 people speaking at once? Its bad enough 16 in Big Team Battle on Halo 2.
Tue 17/05/05 at 13:17
Regular
sPiKeCaSt wrote:
> Backwards compatible comfirmed. Bye bye Xbox!

I found this:

We were told that the "Xbox 360 will be backward-compatible with top-selling Xbox games." Now, what that means is open to interpretation, but it sounds like only some games will make the cut, as an emulator will be needed to play them properly (owing to the two systems' different architectures). However, it's probably safe to say that you'll be able to play Microsoft's very own titles like Halo 2 and Crimson Skies.

- - - -

So could it be that specific emulators will only do certain games? Kind of like that Bleemcast thing that was about on the DC?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.