GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Celebrity Wrestling"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 23/04/05 at 19:35
Regular
": ("
Anybody watching it? I thinks it's really good.
Sun 24/04/05 at 15:27
Regular
"bot"
Stridman wrote:
> I think it's good because I like Reality shows and this is like one
> because it shows you what happens backstage as well as what happens
> in the ring.

agahahahaha
when I saw it the "backstage" things looked so scripted I almost wet myself.

> So your basically saying you think it's crap because it has z-list
> celebrities in it, well - who cares? I don't know any Reality shows
> that have a or b list celebrities in them because i'm sure them a or
> b list celebrities dont want to get in a ring knowing that they might
> get their ass kicked.

I couldn't care less about any celebrities. The fact that these people are thrown into a crap TV show just because they're famous for being idiots doesn't particularly attract me to it.

> I don't care who it has in it because it's not the just celebrities
> that make it good.

If it had 'normal' people it would suck too, because it's awful. Awful.

And 'reality shows' are about as far removed from reality as you can possibly get. Tell me, when was the last time you were locked in a house with 10 strangers and a limited food supply? Or when you were on an island in the middle of nowhere and had to complete tasks to win food?
Sun 24/04/05 at 15:34
Regular
mattributé wrote:
> D-Lo Brown was on it.
>
> Says all you need to knmow about the quality of the show.

D-Lo's a great wrestler. His fued with X-Pac in 1998 was utterly superb. You should've said:

"Just Joe was on it.

Says all you know about the quality of the show."

But yes, the show was utter balls.
Sun 24/04/05 at 16:10
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
It's crap because it has supposed celebrities dressed in big nappies with names like 'Ice Maiden' and 'Rebel Rider' hitting each other over the head with oversized cotton buds. Kate Thornton made an unintentionally hilarious quote when she said it was like "a violent pantomime". It's taking everything that is retarded about wrestling, reality TV and the nature of celebrity and presents it with big fireworks, flashing lights and shouting people clutching onto their fast diminishing 15 minutes.

But hey, it's only TV, right? You sit there and watch the celebrities hitting each other and I'll wipe up the drool. The only way I would watch this programme is if Jade Goody was on it and it was all-on-one (although I reckon her face wouldn't look much different after a severe pounding to be honest).

Coming soon! Celebrity Knitting! Celebrity Poo-off! Celebrity Sperm Count! And next summer, Celebrity Rape!
Sun 24/04/05 at 16:12
Regular
Memorandum, I cant be bothered to argue with you. All of your posts are bringing me back to the same question - Why is it crap? First you said it is crap because of the Celebrities and now you are saying it it is crap because of the show, not the celebs.

Make your mind up.
Sun 24/04/05 at 16:13
Regular
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> It's taking everything that is retarded about wrestling

Everything, then?
Sun 24/04/05 at 17:03
Regular
"bot"
Stridman wrote:
> Memorandum, I cant be bothered to argue with you. All of your posts
> are bringing me back to the same question - Why is it crap? First you
> said it is crap because of the Celebrities and now you are saying it
> it is crap because of the show, not the celebs.
>
> Make your mind up.

Erm, the fact that it panders to Z-list celebrities is one reason.
There are other reasons, such as the woefulness of the backstage arguments, the absolute crapness of the "fights" and much more.
Why exactly do I have to have just one reason not to like it?
Sun 24/04/05 at 17:07
Regular
Because that one reason isn't good enough.
Sun 24/04/05 at 17:51
Regular
"you've got a beard"
it was pure garbage.
if they were actually training and wrestling then it'd be more worthwhile, rather than poncing around tring to light up the ring posts.

that said, i only caught about 20 minutes of it.
Sun 24/04/05 at 19:11
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
I had it on tape and i just watched it

I think it's good, will watch next week.

I want the red ones to win because i know more of the people in that team, although i liked El Diablo's entrance.
Sun 24/04/05 at 19:41
Regular
Very_Metal wrote:
> it was pure garbage.
> if they were actually training and wrestling

Nah, i'd rather watch them actually 'hit' each other unlike in WWF where they just pretend to 'hit' him.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.