GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone....."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 17/04/05 at 15:24
Regular
"u no u want me"
Know anything about energy and stuff?

I'm off to the gym and since I don't eat breakfast I've just had a 'special K' bar with 90j or something energy in it. Is that alot for a little bar and an hours workout or not?

Also, when i'm working out, if my heart rate is between 100-150 thats fat burning and if my heart rate is over 150 thats cardiovascular. Is that right?

As you can see i'm new to the gym!
Wed 20/04/05 at 22:31
Regular
I used to have a resting heart-rate of 55-60 and it'd jump up to about 120 when exercising.

I don't exercise anymore though, so gemeh.
Wed 20/04/05 at 13:32
Regular
In that case I want to actually live to 220, just to see what happens.
Wed 20/04/05 at 13:18
Regular
Mumbai Duck wrote:

>
> The maximum rate is twice your resting heart rate minus your age,
> isn't it?

--

200 minus your age, I thought. Or is it 220 minus your age. Something like that.
Wed 20/04/05 at 13:17
Regular
Heh, just seen a very nice one for £940.

Maybe I don't want one quite that much
Wed 20/04/05 at 13:13
Regular
*Wants a rowing machine*

Presumably you can't give very accurate heart rate advice over a forum - not by numbers at least, since everything has to be worked out in relation to your resting heart rate.

The maximum rate is twice your resting heart rate minus your age, isn't it?
Wed 20/04/05 at 12:26
Regular
I'm all about those cross-trainer crosscountry skiing things. I do all my CV work on them. 40 minutes with heart rate at about 155/160. Lovely, means I don't have to bother with treadmills. I hate treadmills. And it's low-impact as well. So my knees don't break, Sheepeh style.
Wed 20/04/05 at 10:43
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
I used to, but my new gym is a 20 minute drive away.
Wed 20/04/05 at 10:43
Regular
"Excommunicated"
English_Bloke wrote:

> Interval training is a very good fat burning tool, which is basically
> short blasts of high intensity work followed by a short lower
> intensity rest period followed by another blast.

Thats what I try to do.
Though its usually legging it on the treadmill then go on the bike for a bit, back on treadmill.

I meant, I see people who turn up, walk for 20 minutes and then leave.
Wed 20/04/05 at 10:42
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I bet none of them walk to the gym.
Wed 20/04/05 at 10:40
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
SHEEPY wrote:
> And who the hell walks on the treadmills?
> What a waste of time and money.

Old people that don't want to miss This Morning?

Interval training is a very good fat burning tool, which is basically short blasts of high intensity work followed by a short lower intensity rest period followed by another blast.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.