GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A small eBay teaser for you"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/04/05 at 13:37
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
I've bidded on an item which has half an hour left, for 50p.

The seller just got a Q&A asking why it's so cheap, and he replied that he would not sell the item unless bidding reached 112. Surely he can't do this? If the highest bid is 50p, then he has to sell for that, right?
Mon 11/04/05 at 15:02
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
[URL]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=75556&item=8184016879&rd=1[/URL]
Mon 11/04/05 at 15:02
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
"Product: The item on offer in this auction is a brand new Sony PSP 1000 Normal Pack which includes system, battery, leads and instruction booklet - all unopened. This is the latest version with system software 1.5. The PSP supports the following 9 languages: German, English, Spanish, French, Italian, Dutch, Portugese, Russian & Japanese."
Mon 11/04/05 at 15:18
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Q: Is this auction ACTUALLY for a PSP? BEcause the description is very confusing. answered on: 11-Apr-05
A: It was for a PSP but since one guy was unsure I removed his bid. Now I am unable to cancel the auction, so any bid below 112 pounds will not count.

He's got a point though and may be able to get away with it because of that.
Mon 11/04/05 at 15:21
Regular
"For Paypal payments, please add 20% on top of the price. Why? Because people who prefer to pay by Paypal are people who are not concerned about price."

WTF?

This seller seems like a bit of an idiot.
Mon 11/04/05 at 15:27
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> "For Paypal payments, please add 20% on top of the price. Why?
> Because people who prefer to pay by Paypal are people who are not
> concerned about price."
>
> WTF?
>
> This seller seems like a bit of an idiot.

Just don't pay the extra 20%, or the normal 5% that people add on.

They can't do anything about it and it's completely against eBays T&C.
Mon 11/04/05 at 15:27
Regular
" Item location: Japan
United Kingdom"

Eh?
Mon 11/04/05 at 15:31
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
munn wrote:
> " Item location: Japan
> United Kingdom"
>
> Eh?

They always do that, so when you search for items in the UK only it comes up in the search.

It's a complete sod when you're looking for small cheap electric stuff because the Hong Kong people charge £10 P&P for even the smallest item. Bluetooth dongles are impossible to buy from the UK on there.
Mon 11/04/05 at 15:32
Regular
"bit of a brain"
" I don't sell to anyone."

"The actual product is secondary compared to finding an efficient seller. The product depreciates in value over time. The PSP could probably be found in a car-boot sale for $50 next year. On the other hand, having a reliable supplier is a longer term gain."

haha very good
Mon 11/04/05 at 15:36
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
He'd rather sell to someone here for £112, rather than £224 for someone in Canada? WHY? P&P isn't gonna cost him £112 is it. Why won't he just keep the stupid thing! Save a lot of hassle for both ends.

Keep searching I'm sure we'll find a T&C on that page for "You must be older that 633 years and have six fingers on your right hand, otherwise I won't sell it to you". This seller is beyond belief!
Mon 11/04/05 at 15:43
Regular
"bit of a brain"
It seems to me as if he's actually just trying to find customers who he can sell lots of things to, rather than actually selling anyone a PSP.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.