GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"And that's why Chavs have a bad reputation...."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 25/03/05 at 21:06
Regular
Me and a couple of my friends were being driven home from the 'learnin' cage' yesterday, at about 12, the beginning of Easter and that, and the trip. The conversation had a slight air of 'non-existence', so we were all looking out of the windows, bored and hot. We stopped at a busy set of traffic lights.

And what did I spy? I bloke on the side of the road, in a car with the bonnet up, he looked like your stereotypical 'chav lad' - Upturned cap, Burberry scarf (I kid you not - on a warm day, a scarf) and Nike branded 'threads'. The situation was really quite funny, their he was, in the drivers seat, with his head slumped against the window - doing absolutely nothing to restart the car and making no attempt to move it to a more 'secure' off road position.

As he was a Chav and looked like a total pillock I started laughing and pointed him out to the other two peeps in the car, they also started laughing and he noticed. "What the F are you looking at?" he roared at us, which we found even funnier. "What the 'F'in' H are you laughing at?". Resisting the temptation to say 'a complete pillock' we turned away and 'sniggered' silently.

The lights changed a minute later and we were through, the breeze hitting us again. We all burst out laughing and looked back at the Chav - in his broken down banger-Volvo - who was still wearing his 'constipated chimp' expression of confused anger.

Yep. That was one fun trip. Highlight of my life in fact. I'm not really sure why I told you all that - it's just another amusing story of 'Chav's behaving badly'...man, that would make a great show!
Fri 25/03/05 at 21:06
Regular
Me and a couple of my friends were being driven home from the 'learnin' cage' yesterday, at about 12, the beginning of Easter and that, and the trip. The conversation had a slight air of 'non-existence', so we were all looking out of the windows, bored and hot. We stopped at a busy set of traffic lights.

And what did I spy? I bloke on the side of the road, in a car with the bonnet up, he looked like your stereotypical 'chav lad' - Upturned cap, Burberry scarf (I kid you not - on a warm day, a scarf) and Nike branded 'threads'. The situation was really quite funny, their he was, in the drivers seat, with his head slumped against the window - doing absolutely nothing to restart the car and making no attempt to move it to a more 'secure' off road position.

As he was a Chav and looked like a total pillock I started laughing and pointed him out to the other two peeps in the car, they also started laughing and he noticed. "What the F are you looking at?" he roared at us, which we found even funnier. "What the 'F'in' H are you laughing at?". Resisting the temptation to say 'a complete pillock' we turned away and 'sniggered' silently.

The lights changed a minute later and we were through, the breeze hitting us again. We all burst out laughing and looked back at the Chav - in his broken down banger-Volvo - who was still wearing his 'constipated chimp' expression of confused anger.

Yep. That was one fun trip. Highlight of my life in fact. I'm not really sure why I told you all that - it's just another amusing story of 'Chav's behaving badly'...man, that would make a great show!
Fri 25/03/05 at 21:08
Regular
"Royale with Cheese"
What an eventfull life you lead

Chavs = Bad

Chav Thread No.10000 = BADDDD
Fri 25/03/05 at 21:12
"period drama"
So you didn't stop and help someone purely on what they were wearing?
Fri 25/03/05 at 21:12
Regular
cANDY APPLe wrote:
> And what did I spy? I bloke on the side of the road, in a car with
> the bonnet up, he looked like your stereotypical 'chav lad' -
> Upturned cap, Burberry scarf (I kid you not - on a warm day, a scarf)
> and Nike branded 'threads'. The situation was really quite funny,
> their he was, in the drivers seat, with his head slumped against the
> window - doing absolutely nothing to restart the car and making no
> attempt to move it to a more 'secure' off road position.

eva thought he just called a M8 with some jumps or a tow truck?
Fri 25/03/05 at 21:13
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Pachanga wrote:
> Chav Thread No.10000 = BADDDD

There's always room for more chav bashing.
Fri 25/03/05 at 21:13
Regular
"bot"
I'd say their reaction was perfectly justified.
If someone stopped, stared at you and began to laugh, what would your reaction be? I'm sure I'd love to hear it.
Fri 25/03/05 at 21:14
Regular
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> So you didn't stop and help someone purely on what they were wearing?

'Fraid not. They'll be no 'good Samritaning' for me, and no plump turkey under my tree.
Fri 25/03/05 at 21:16
"period drama"
I'd theorise that he had, in fact, tried many many times to restart the car, and failed. Having no mechanical knowledge, he could do no more.

Furthermore, being on his own, moving the car would have been very difficult.

Furthermore, he may have lost his mobile, or be it out of battery - rendering him stranded, helpless, miles from home.

His only choice being to sit tight for hours on end and hope for someone nice to give him a hand. And then rolls up this car, and some fool starts laughing at him?

nice
Fri 25/03/05 at 21:18
Regular
Memorandum! wrote:
> I'd say their reaction was perfectly justified.
> If someone stopped, stared at you and began to laugh, what would your
> reaction be? I'm sure I'd love to hear it.

He gave us a funny look and started giving us evils. My reaction wouldn't be to start bawling across the street. I wouldn't be bothered. That type of behaviour is never 'perfectly justified'. Oh yeah...one more thing, stop trying to copy other people on this site and act all 'high and mighty'. It doesn't earn you respect.
Fri 25/03/05 at 21:21
"period drama"
cANDY APPLe wrote:
Oh
> yeah...one more thing, stop trying to copy other people on this site
> and act all 'high and mighty'. It doesn't earn you respect.

Yeah, Memo, you tool.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.