GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Student Loans and the election"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 22/03/05 at 15:29
Regular
"Bow To Me Minions"
Oh look, Mr B.Liar is trying to get the student/ex student vote.

He's put the threshold up on repayments for student loans.

Now you have to earn £15,000 a year to make any repayments. (Instead of £10,000).

Now I pay nothing again. But he'll not get my vote.
Tue 22/03/05 at 15:29
Regular
"Bow To Me Minions"
Oh look, Mr B.Liar is trying to get the student/ex student vote.

He's put the threshold up on repayments for student loans.

Now you have to earn £15,000 a year to make any repayments. (Instead of £10,000).

Now I pay nothing again. But he'll not get my vote.
Tue 22/03/05 at 15:33
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Wasn't it £15,000 anyway?
Tue 22/03/05 at 15:34
Regular
"Bow To Me Minions"
Nope, its always been £10,000. Although it might have been lowered
Tue 22/03/05 at 15:37
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Ah ok.

I'm reminded of what my uncle always used to tell me around budget time - whatever the government is giving you with one hand, they're most likely taking double back with the other
Tue 22/03/05 at 20:09
Regular
yeah but only cos they're screwing over the new students with top up fee's so get more money in the long run.
Tue 22/03/05 at 23:31
Regular
"The South Will Rise"
all these fee's are pathetic... i've just applied to do my MA degree, and the government do not offer support for those who wish to conduct in higher higher education... thats so discrimatory
Wed 23/03/05 at 00:46
Regular
I thought it was £18-20k anyway?
Wed 23/03/05 at 09:43
Regular
"Don't let me down"
Student loans eahh, well like the pensioners I think you lot are bieng so unfair, why. Well first of all you don't have to pay nothing back untill your on a wage capable of covering it. It's interest free, and it allows you when your not working, to not have to pay anthing back untill you get that job.

Pensioners are the same, they wail on about getting there pension at 65 because it's there right. well I say suffer for another 5 years, whats your problem! Do you realise that pensioners now live longer so to compare it with when the system first come out is not only stupid but ignorant and wrong. I wouldn't have a problem working another 5 years, is it really such a crime? I don't think so.
Wed 23/03/05 at 10:00
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
kevstar wrote:

> not only stupid
> but ignorant and wrong.

Scuse me; I need to nip away from my desk in order to laugh heartily at the irony of kevstar making this statement...
Wed 23/03/05 at 11:11
Regular
I think the pensioner's problem is that they don't have enough money so that in winter they have to chose between eating (one meal a day) or heating (one room in the house).

Or maybe things have improved now.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.