GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Student Loans and the election"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 22/03/05 at 15:29
Regular
"Bow To Me Minions"
Oh look, Mr B.Liar is trying to get the student/ex student vote.

He's put the threshold up on repayments for student loans.

Now you have to earn £15,000 a year to make any repayments. (Instead of £10,000).

Now I pay nothing again. But he'll not get my vote.
Fri 25/03/05 at 21:21
Regular
It's student loans from Banks that are interest free until you finished your studies, and then it's interest all the way back to them.
Government loans stick to inflation in value, and you only have to pay back if you're earning a certain amount.
Fri 25/03/05 at 02:26
Regular
"Captain to you."
Well i think this a very good thing for most students as alot come out on jobs just under £15k a year and this means the first year or so the students wont have to worry about paying bakc their loans while they are also sorting out their over-draft.

I am finishing uni this year and i know that it's very unlikely that i will be getting paid over £15k right off, not only that i am going to be moving out on my own to where ever this job ends up being.
Thu 24/03/05 at 21:25
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
God wrote:
> kevstar wrote:
> Some stuff
>
> It is not interest free. currently it stands at above the rate of
> inflation.
>
> EDIT: My mistake; I forgot; It is interest free until you finish your
> studies. And it currently stands at 9% per annum.

I thought that was the case until I noticed the interest mounting up on my student loan (on the loan statement) before I had finished my degree...
and I think the 9% per annum is what they will take from your pay (from anything you earn over the £15000).
Thu 24/03/05 at 17:51
Regular
"bot"
God wrote:
> I didn't mean that, its just that student do take a while to settle
> into the work enviroment, and some courses are absolute pants (e.g
> the one I did).

Well, you can't really blame anyone else for that but yourself.
Thu 24/03/05 at 16:29
Regular
"you've got a beard"
God wrote:
> its just that student do take a while to settle
> into the work enviroment, and some courses are absolute pants (e.g
> the one I did).

very true.
a lot of people go through college and uni, then pop out the other end of the tube with a degree and no idea what they want from life.

i left school and went straight to work until i was 22, when i decided on something a tad more fulfilling and THEN went to uni. It's a good way of doing things as you'll have practical experience of the working environment, stuff you really can't teach at uni (not that they seem to actually TEACH you much at all, just tell you what they want and leave you to it. WELL worth my £1200 a year :S )
Thu 24/03/05 at 15:35
Regular
"Bow To Me Minions"
Stryke wrote:

> You're generalising a bit there, don't you think? Or is this a case
> of "students just laze about drinking and spending my money
> which I earnt good n proper and the government GRRRR THE GOVERNMENT
> just gives it to them lazy no skilled fools who drink beer all day
> every day"

I didn't mean that, its just that student do take a while to settle into the work enviroment, and some courses are absolute pants (e.g the one I did).
Thu 24/03/05 at 13:30
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I'm gonna get my ass kicked in Cardiff

:D
Thu 24/03/05 at 13:29
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Yep
I'll be in Germany next yeat though, working my way through the other foreign exchange students. Hur Hur
Thu 24/03/05 at 13:27
Regular
So much anger for one so young.

To be honest, I have to get up at 7:30 most days, but I don't really mind it. A 40 minute walk to uni, which I enjoy. Gives me a chance to listen to music without one of my housemates rubbish really heavy music blasting through my wall. I would turn mine up, but stuff like REM and Counting Crows can't really compete with Pantera.
Thu 24/03/05 at 13:20
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I haven't met a Welsh person... unless they have English accents... stupid English freeloaders.

" Oooooh I had to get up at half 8 this morning "
" Oh really... try half 6 whilst going to Uni and working 8 hours the night before "

It's not their fault but I hate them.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.