GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"For my notable vote..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 18/02/05 at 20:51
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Okay, I've decided. The notable elections are a joke. That's not saying I wouldn't like to win and prove my superiority over you all - far from it. I'd love to be gold and have the ability to laugh at all you underlings. Well, laugh more than I do now. And in a deeper voice. Anyway, I'm not going to win. People simply don't appreciate true are and with every post I make, 1,000 deep meanings are missed by your people. You should read deeper.

So, for my notable vote, I have devised a plot. If I had to vote for the my favourite I'd simply vote FFF. Gold, that boy is. But seeing as I would hate for Maunder to have any kind of superiority over me (we sorted out the 'wang size' issue a long while back, now), I'm oggering my vote to the floor. Which means you guys.

SO, for all those desperate to get my notable vote, listen up. In 50 words or less, you must finish the start of this story off. Deal?

'The world is a machine. You all know this. You live and breath this. Only I know the truth. You are but pawns in their sinister game. The man cackles as you make him prosper in his black and white town. There's one way in and no way out. Truth shall come one day. On that day, you shall all be free. Free from the water-tight lies you've been taught since birth. Free from the shackles of the machine.

There once was a little boy called Jack who had a little pet penguin...'

This is where you come in. Finish off in 50 words, and the best entry (judged by me) gets my vote.

Get writing, folks...
Sat 19/02/05 at 23:59
Regular
"Just ram it in!"
mattributé wrote:
> poopots wrote:
> a £200.
>
> ahahahaha
>
> Whilst Jacks and his dad tested the condoms up stairs
>
> funny because it was unintenional.

Trust me, it wasn't.
Sat 19/02/05 at 23:59
Regular
"tokyo police club"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> This is one thing that really does annoy me.
> When people get above their stations.

Exactly - happened with that Charles fellow from that pop-rock outfit Busted. Yeah, you write your own music. Sure, you play your own guitars. But you're writing music and playing your guitars for a main demographic of 8 year old girls and their mums, not the so called 'hardcore' teenage music fans. Just milk your popularity whilst you can, get rich and retire early rather than trying to be all 'recognised'. You suck, charlie. Go back to making catchy tunes for me to deny that I like.
Sat 19/02/05 at 23:57
"period drama"
mattributé wrote:
> It doesn't help that he's a pretentious nob. In interviews, he's
> always trying to make Franz sound profound. You're a pub band, mate.
> Something for people to listen to whilst they're getting out of their
> face.

This is one thing that really does annoy me.
When people get above their stations. I mean, if they were profound and amazing and unique and life-changing, then fair enough. But they're not - and they've made a lot of money from not being so. Don't push it.

Just say "Oh, we wanted to make some good tunes."
There you go, everyone's happy.
Sat 19/02/05 at 23:57
Regular
"tokyo police club"
poopots wrote:
> a £200.

ahahahaha

> Whilst Jacks and his dad tested the condoms up stairs

funny because it was unintenional.
Sat 19/02/05 at 23:56
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I'd love to say I enjoyed that poopots. But I didn't.

Sorry.
Sat 19/02/05 at 23:53
Regular
"Just ram it in!"
There once was a little boy called Jack who had a little pet penguin.
Though the penguin was only two years old, his sexual organs were capable of reproducing. It was jacks birthday and since he was thirteen his parents gave him a box of condoms and £200. Whilst Jacks and his dad tested the condoms up stairs, the penguin got very jealous and stole the money. He then hijacked a car and drove to Essex for some hot action. Whilst searching the streets for some hot prostitutes, he came across a polite gentlemen that would do it for free. Being an Anal virgin the penguin was in agony. When jacks dad caught him the penguin had already spent the money on alcohol and drugs. He was not very please and hung the poor, helpless, drugged up penguin [URL] http://smurffimaa.no-ip.org/linux.jpg[/URL]
Sat 19/02/05 at 23:50
Regular
"tokyo police club"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> I liked them at the start. It was good.
> Then they released the same song about 5 times. And then it was
> boring. And then they won thousands of awards. And then they were
> hated.

It was unlucky. For an underground band, they were pretty good. You knew that you could safely listen to their music withpout having to hear it every day for the next 5 moths. Then, suddenly, the media grab ahold of them and every where you turn - adverts, TV shows, music channels - and they're there. Youc ouldn't move without seeing his face.

It doesn't help that he's a pretentious nob. In interviews, he's always trying to make Franz sound profound. You're a pub band, mate. Something for people to listen to whilst they're getting out of their face. I remember him eplaining Take me out 'It was me and Mark sat in a room. We had these two ideas and we needed to make it into a song. So we literally sat and faced each other until we made it work. Then we gpt that little interchange which made it all work and suddenly it all fit into place'

Okay, he didn't sound much like a nob there, but he is.
Sat 19/02/05 at 23:45
"period drama"
I liked them at the start. It was good.
Then they released the same song about 5 times. And then it was boring. And then they won thousands of awards. And then they were hated.
Sat 19/02/05 at 23:42
Regular
"tokyo police club"
And so, Franz Ferdinand are born.
Actually, they have decent music and decent lyrics. But to my, rather large, comedy ears, it sounds like rubbish. well, at first it sounds nice and catchy but 5 listens later it sounds dull. And crap. But that little changeover bit in 'Take me out' still gets me. It's like a well oiled machine grinding to a halt. Nice.
Sat 19/02/05 at 23:39
"period drama"
Good. Stay alert.

I hate that ... why do some bands make good tunes with crap lyrics. And others crap tunes with good lyrics. The fools.
Kick whoever wrote the lyrics out the first band, and whoever wrote the music out of the second.

Problem sorted. Everyone's happy.
Except the reject band with crap lyrics and crap music. Who scale the charts and head for world domination.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.