GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Red Faction"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 19/05/01 at 09:26
Regular
As soon as the game starts you know it will be unlike any other FPS(first Person Shooter)and this is going to swipe the crown around Timesplitters head straight over its own.
the storyline revolves around a group of miners(very exciting)who work on mars and as soon they finish doin some job or something then you find out you have been screwed by the BIG BOSS so your life is in danger and no escape......
but there is because this game allows you to blow up everything that is in your way and on one level you get to blow a hole in a wall and it disrupts the lava flow and it goes all over the enemy you will also be able to dig through the fall and blow up the ceiling NOT LONG TO WAIT BECAUSE IT COMES OUT ON JUNE 22

I was going to buy crazy taxi next friday but after i saw this it changed my mind straight away
Sat 23/06/01 at 21:52
I'd have to agree with the previous two posts. This game is amazing.
Before Red Faction, I wasn't really into FPS. But now I've played this one, I love them!
Sat 23/06/01 at 21:30
Regular
"Whatever!"
It is just excellent - My new number 1 game on PS2!!!
Sat 23/06/01 at 21:00
Regular
This reply is my first that really needs capital letters:

RED FACTION IS SUPERB!!!

It is so amazing. I am totally stunned!
Sat 23/06/01 at 20:21
Regular
"WWJD"
no that just means your @ a cheak ponit cuz its loading the next bit i think u can save it there thats what it means
Sat 23/06/01 at 19:40
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
Can anyone answer Adrian's question? Does every time you see "loading" mean you have completed a level? If it does I have got quite far in the game, which is a bad thing because I have only been playing it for around 1 hour now.
Sat 23/06/01 at 18:58
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Redfaction is amazing. Its great in multi-player with the Bots.

There are 20 levels in the main game. What I want to know is when you get to a loading place, where it has to load the next bit of the level is it still the same level or a different level? As I remember in Quake 2 it did the same thing and it went on to the next level because it was one huge level split into smaller levels.

I would recommend this too everyone who has a PS2. It has great weapons, great graphics, great multiplayer e.t.c. Magazines have said that if you have Timesplitter then you may not want to get this but IMO they are 2 totally different FPS's and if you have Timesplitters you still need this game.
Sat 23/06/01 at 17:58
Regular
yeh it is amazing but once again im stuck
my main worry is that i will complete it before i take it back because i rented it so i wont buy it
but it took the game testers THREE WEEKS to complete it so i dont think i will complete it by monday
Sat 23/06/01 at 16:51
Regular
"Whatever!"
Ive only played it for a couple of hours but OH MY GOD - Is it an amazing game or what?? I am having great fun blasing holes in every wall I come across - The story is excellent and this is probably the best FPS Ive played!!
Sat 23/06/01 at 13:50
Regular
i have got quite far im in the science and medical labs looking for Capek
Sat 23/06/01 at 13:44
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
Yeah I have just bought the game, and I have been playing it for around 20 mins, and so far it is great! I love it when you go up to one of the guards with a gun and once you shoot hima couple of times he shouts "No, don't shoot!" and he runs off. You chasse him down the hallway fireing rapidly at him! Grrreat!

I also like the bit where you can blow up walls. You can do it to ANY wall you like. It may not cause a big enough whole so you can clime though, but big enough to make you feel all powerful inside.

Is there ANYONE here who is disappointed with the game? Let me know you feeling of the game so far.

Cheers.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.