GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Students get £100 bonus payment"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 24/01/05 at 15:12
[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/4201329.stm[/URL]

Around 200,000 teenagers are to receive £100 bonuses this week, under a government scheme which rewards them for continuing in education.

... had good enough attendance and effort levels last term to pick up the extra payments, which will be repeated in July and December.

---------

So, on top of the £30 means tested "allowance", they get a bonus for simply turning up? Way to spend our money, jackasses.
Mon 24/01/05 at 15:12
[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/4201329.stm[/URL]

Around 200,000 teenagers are to receive £100 bonuses this week, under a government scheme which rewards them for continuing in education.

... had good enough attendance and effort levels last term to pick up the extra payments, which will be repeated in July and December.

---------

So, on top of the £30 means tested "allowance", they get a bonus for simply turning up? Way to spend our money, jackasses.
Mon 24/01/05 at 17:37
Regular
Yup, my 100 squids went in last week.

Although, we got £100 bonus twice last year aswell.

Nerrr
Mon 24/01/05 at 18:06
"period drama"
I missed out by 1 year.
But I'm not too bothered, seeing as these now-happy smarmarses will get blown apart by the massive new uni fees next year.

But it is a giant waste of money.
If someone's only going to go to college to get money for it, should they really be there?
Mon 24/01/05 at 18:09
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> If someone's only going to go to college to get money for it, should
> they really be there?

£30 a week?

If all they wanted was the money, surely they'd earn more working the same amount of hours in McDonald's?
Mon 24/01/05 at 18:10
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
lcarus wrote:
> So, on top of the £30 means tested "allowance", they
> get a bonus for simply turning up? Way to spend our money, jackasses.

I always thought that they'd only get the money if they turned up for a certain amount of time at college per week?
Mon 24/01/05 at 18:19
Puddin' wrote:

> If all they wanted was the money, surely they'd earn more working the
> same amount of hours in McDonald's?

Missing the point there. They're learning stuff at the same time. Educational courses are a service; and they cost. The Government used to pay for these, up to and including college, but nonetheless in a true commerical world you'd pay to learn. To get it free is good. To get paid for it is stupid.
Mon 24/01/05 at 18:19
Regular
"Slice n Dice baby"
I really could use 100 quid, would take my amsterdam spending money up to 300 euros :) only 200 more too go...
Mon 24/01/05 at 18:21
Puddin' wrote:

> I always thought that they'd only get the money if they turned up for
> a certain amount of time at college per week?

See that "Click here" link? Click on it. Then read the first couple of paragraphs.
Mon 24/01/05 at 18:22
Regular
Unfortuanatly I missed out on this by 1 year.

99% of the year 12's get £30 a week as well as special 'bonuses' throughout the year.

None of them need part time jobs.

How sad is that?
Mon 24/01/05 at 18:25
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
If I had £30 a week I wouldn't have to work, which would give me time to learn.

Whether I would or not is another matter.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.