GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Public smokeing laws in scotland or anywere els but why?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 21/11/04 at 07:44
Regular
"Guten tag mein helm"
As the news reports on the scottish parliment with the law for banning smokeing in public places no one gives any evidence about the effect passive smokeing can have.
I am not a smoker and I dont live in a smokeing home but it just seems very presumtuis to have a law put into place without a thorough scientific investigation. Its only because of a bunch of articles in the paper sevrel years ago that put the scare into people that seems to think passive smokeing will harm you. there is a show in america called pen and teller's bull****(the comedic magiciains) which they disprove alot of things that they deem bull**** and they research these things and have respected experts talk and they talked to people that had worked in bars and restruants that had alot of smokeing a bar owner worked for 20 years a non smoker and he had no problems and all the people that they talked to had worked in smokey enviroments for just as long or longer and had nothing wrong with them that smokeing could cause.

Seems our democrecy is turning into a big brother system they are even discussing law and fines to reduce the amount of advertising sweets soft drinks and other things deemed "not healthy" because there is a large percentage of children that are obese and they blame the advertising if I want to eat a snikers I will a snickers because I want a snickers not because an advert made me chose it over a mars bar.

If you can give evidence for or again or just your own veiw on all of this then talk away.
Excuse me for any grammaticle or spelling erros since I am dyslexic but I have tried my best to make sense.
Sun 21/11/04 at 16:04
"period drama"
Oh dear.
Sun 21/11/04 at 17:51
Regular
A cigarette is God for cynical people.
Sun 21/11/04 at 18:40
Regular
"you've got a beard"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Oh dear.

shut it foo'...

great. now i wanna watch MORE a-team...
Sun 21/11/04 at 22:33
"period drama"
I wansn't talking to you.
But you're watching the A-Team now, so I can't be too mad.
Sun 21/11/04 at 22:42
Regular
"\\"
Fozz wrote:
> The reason advertising for sweets should be reduced is because it
> makes children think that eating a lot of junk food is ok. I dont
> actually think advertising works on the younger generations.

Whenever I'm around with my little brother watching TV, and he sees an ad that catches his eye, he will go to our father, and quote parts of the ad, or the catchphrase about how amazing it is, then how much he wants it. It's quite disturbing actually.
Mon 22/11/04 at 00:16
Regular
"Guten tag mein helm"
No offence but your brother either is naturaly warped, warped by tha ads or he doesnt have the words in his vocabulary to persuade and so he has figured if it makes it sound better then use the same words. but it is a natural part of childhood copying and mimicing.

Also about the smoker passive smoker and non smoker in another room yes the nicotin levels in the passive smoker will be higher than the non smoker but heres an example just in a very basic trying to be sceintific example but the point should be there e.g Smokers nitcotine count 5000 non smoker 20 passive smoker 100.

yes theres an increase but not enough to do any harm.

They talked to 100 non smokers and used american medical information and crossed checked with smoker and non smokers done the numbers. but anyone that has smoked for 40 years WILL have some tell tail signs of damage done by smokeing also depends on the amount of ciggretes or cigars a day they can smoke 20 a day 40 50 or just 10 if you smoke 10 a day for 40 years what problems arise will not be as many or as bad the the person that smoked 40 a day for 40 years. but finding some one alive or capable to talk to you after smokeing 40 a day for 40 years will be hard.

but the amount of nicotine a passive smoker in a very heavy smokeing enviroment and they work all day all week in this enviroment might come only to what you would get from smokeing half a ciggeret or a ciggeret and if you have this strung out the entire week then you will have not have the same things as if it was a ciggrete a day for a week.

if you have small harmless radiation injection strung over a week will you die? i actualy dont know but i am very sure youll live longer than one big whack of radation for a week.

Also are any of yous children right now have any one of yous conducted these test about the advertising? you and the people that thought all this up are just doing the natural of peacing together coomon sense to make these thoughts but if you were to acutaly conduct a proper full experiment you may very well get a surpise or it will conferm your thoughts.

You know the thoughts of haveing a video playing that will teach baby and children to read and point out objects well a family did this with there twin daughters for 4 years they were only 5 by this time and when the man that created the video claiming "this will help you child read right and have an advantage over other children" no surprise he is a millionaire the children could tell the diffrence between a dog and an egg.
the reveiw with other children not one had anything more than what a normal child would have had at that age.

If everyone beleavs somthing then you think it must be true but it may not they say that the great wall of china is the only visible manmade object from space but there that much atmosphear and clound cover that you cannot see much of the world and with out the cloud cover you will get a bluish haze over all the ground because of the amospheres so pciking any real detail and almost imposible. what has happend to you is its been reported that much and the common misconception about passive smokeing without real evidence you think its true.
Mon 22/11/04 at 08:57
Regular
"Don't let me down"
I'm a smoker and what I hate is the hypocritical view everyone has about smokers. If they are going to ban smoking then they should ban cars with all the crap coming out of the exhaust, it's not just as bad as smoking but according to the goverments logic it's worse. If someone wants to smoke then let them do it in the smoking room. And if someone doesn't want to breath the smoke in which is understandable, then they sit in the non smoking section.
Mon 22/11/04 at 11:41
Regular
"you've got a beard"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> I wansn't talking to you.
> But you're watching the A-Team now, so I can't be too mad.

:)
well apologies for the crossed wires wither way mate.
i retract my "shut up".
Mon 22/11/04 at 12:13
Regular
"Guten tag mein helm"
Exactly they already seperated the smokers and non smokers in most place's its going to get to the point were you have to smoke under your bed i think theres a misconception in what democracy is.
Smokers are already haveing a hard time haveing a smoke there no smokeing during work (depends on what it is) cant smoke on buses and many other places and putting in this law now will only make it harder for smokers and i have seen how people can get with out a smoke for a long time.

But they will also have to do somthing about cars since many places will end up as permanent gridlock.
Mon 22/11/04 at 12:49
Regular
In case you haven't noticed, they're trying very hard to reduce pollution caused by cars.
Unleaded petrol was intoduced first, although it contains carcinogens, it's not quite as bad as lead petrol.
Catalytic converters are now fitted in pretty much every car, to reduce Carbon Monoxide gumes, but scientists are trying to create safe hydrogen fuel engines which won't pollute the environment at all.

They're doing nothing about smoking.

Why should I have to suffer inhaling the smoke created by other people, they're polluting the environment also.

And don't give me any of that bull about it not harming you.

My dad smokes 40 a day, and his somking takes its toll on me, despite the fact that I used to be able to hold my breath underwater for longer than 2 minutes, and I played the calrinet, I often find it hard to breathe, thanks to my dad.

If it causes no harm, try this:

Stand in fresh air for 5 hours, then stand in a crowded room filled with 50 smokers puffing away for 5 hours.

Like hell will you be fine.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.