GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Public smokeing laws in scotland or anywere els but why?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 21/11/04 at 07:44
Regular
"Guten tag mein helm"
As the news reports on the scottish parliment with the law for banning smokeing in public places no one gives any evidence about the effect passive smokeing can have.
I am not a smoker and I dont live in a smokeing home but it just seems very presumtuis to have a law put into place without a thorough scientific investigation. Its only because of a bunch of articles in the paper sevrel years ago that put the scare into people that seems to think passive smokeing will harm you. there is a show in america called pen and teller's bull****(the comedic magiciains) which they disprove alot of things that they deem bull**** and they research these things and have respected experts talk and they talked to people that had worked in bars and restruants that had alot of smokeing a bar owner worked for 20 years a non smoker and he had no problems and all the people that they talked to had worked in smokey enviroments for just as long or longer and had nothing wrong with them that smokeing could cause.

Seems our democrecy is turning into a big brother system they are even discussing law and fines to reduce the amount of advertising sweets soft drinks and other things deemed "not healthy" because there is a large percentage of children that are obese and they blame the advertising if I want to eat a snikers I will a snickers because I want a snickers not because an advert made me chose it over a mars bar.

If you can give evidence for or again or just your own veiw on all of this then talk away.
Excuse me for any grammaticle or spelling erros since I am dyslexic but I have tried my best to make sense.
Sun 21/11/04 at 07:44
Regular
"Guten tag mein helm"
As the news reports on the scottish parliment with the law for banning smokeing in public places no one gives any evidence about the effect passive smokeing can have.
I am not a smoker and I dont live in a smokeing home but it just seems very presumtuis to have a law put into place without a thorough scientific investigation. Its only because of a bunch of articles in the paper sevrel years ago that put the scare into people that seems to think passive smokeing will harm you. there is a show in america called pen and teller's bull****(the comedic magiciains) which they disprove alot of things that they deem bull**** and they research these things and have respected experts talk and they talked to people that had worked in bars and restruants that had alot of smokeing a bar owner worked for 20 years a non smoker and he had no problems and all the people that they talked to had worked in smokey enviroments for just as long or longer and had nothing wrong with them that smokeing could cause.

Seems our democrecy is turning into a big brother system they are even discussing law and fines to reduce the amount of advertising sweets soft drinks and other things deemed "not healthy" because there is a large percentage of children that are obese and they blame the advertising if I want to eat a snikers I will a snickers because I want a snickers not because an advert made me chose it over a mars bar.

If you can give evidence for or again or just your own veiw on all of this then talk away.
Excuse me for any grammaticle or spelling erros since I am dyslexic but I have tried my best to make sense.
Sun 21/11/04 at 07:53
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
In some ways I agree with you and in others I totally disagree. I wrote a post about this ages ago, won GAD if I remember correctly, if you can find that thread then...you win a tin of soup and will be able to read my views.
Sun 21/11/04 at 07:54
Regular
"Jackpot!"
Smoking is for depressed low life people. Many of which are townies in my area that think they are grown up for doing it. God I hat breathing in smoke.
Sun 21/11/04 at 08:01
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Oh my.
I used to smoke when I were a lad. I found it pleasurable and only gave up for fear of damaging my health and funding problems. So shush. While some kids do smoke to look hard and grown up not all people that do it are sad and pathetic, so don't generalise.
Sun 21/11/04 at 11:08
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Dante: right vergil! wrote:
> Smoking is for depressed low life people.

do you get stupider in the winter time, or is this just a coincidence?
Sun 21/11/04 at 11:17
Regular
"Guten tag mein helm"
When I was at school in second year there was two freinds that hung around with the smokers but they didnt smoke them selfs at that time they had no other freinds apart from each other and the smokers but I ended up in getting them in with me and my freinds little clique but we lost a freind to the smokers but he was tough on his own anyways so he just went into his own group and is pretty much the head honcho good thing I am on his good side eh.

After the first two years the wannabe hard people most of them were weeded out with a few wannabes hanging with the smokers so the peopl that were left were the people that were wanting to smoke and did other assortment of smokeing drugs.

But I do think that this form of forceing people to do somthing they have been free to do for so long is a bit uncalled for.
Sun 21/11/04 at 11:48
Regular
"For One Night Only"
I don't smoke. Although I have had drags and even the odd cigar.

Nothing to be proud of.
Sun 21/11/04 at 13:41
Regular
"Copyright (c) 2004"
>they talked to people that had worked in bars and restruants that had >alot of smokeing a bar owner worked for 20 years a non smoker and he had >no problems and all the people that they talked to had worked in smokey >enviroments for just as long or longer and had nothing wrong with them >that smokeing could cause.

Well what if you talk to a load of smokers? Are you sure that you'll find, with every one, a problem that smoking could cause?

Im sure if someone were to test nicotine intake from 3 subjects, a smoker, a passive smoker, and someone in a different room, and all of this in a sterile enviroment, theyd find something plausable.

The reason advertising for sweets should be reduced is because it makes children think that eating a lot of junk food is ok. I dont actually think advertising works on the younger generations. We see an ad, and we dont think "wow. I want that...for...some ....reason". I cant really talk for the older generations on with regards to that I guess. oh well. What CAN happen is the children see so many ads for sweets on the tv they assume that sweets in that volume is ok. I really think that level os advertising specifically aimed at kids should be banned.

Dante, just....dont say anything from now on, for your own good.

I dont like smokers, generally because I get forced into passive smoking, something that can be damaging to my health and I dont know why they'd want to do that. That doest mean I dont have respect for them.
Sun 21/11/04 at 13:46
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Damn right...
Sun 21/11/04 at 15:55
Regular
"you've got a beard"
The Hibernator wrote:
> I don't smoke. Although I have had drags and even the odd cigar.
>
> Nothing to be proud of.

i don't know anyone who's PROUD to smoke dude..
but cigars are cool, ya gotta do something to show that a plan has come together :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.