GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"2005 for gamecube!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 31/12/04 at 15:46
Regular
"kill my enemys"
2004.not the best of years for gamecube owners or gamecube developers as burnout 3 didnt come in a small disk.then the almighty metroid prime 2 echoes came out.it was gonna be good.but yet nintendo had to release it at the same time as halo 2 and gta san andreas.2005.yes.this is it.this is the year nintendo are back on form.with likes of the legend of zelda series coming out and the new resident evil coming out.i can feel it.this is the year.nintendo are back!
Mon 03/01/05 at 19:16
Regular
The new Zelda game in development, Resident Evil 4, Viewtiful Joe 2 and other big sellers are worth selling for retailers. And no doubt Special Reserve, Game, Gamestation, etc will make a fortune from them.

Sure, the small third party titles don't make much of a difference, but the big ones make a hell of a difference.
Mon 03/01/05 at 19:15
Regular
"The definitive tag"
I think that the DS will make up for some of the GC's short comings, at least financially.
Mon 03/01/05 at 19:14
Regular
"and PC user"
Well, I know some people who dont use the internet, and a few that have it, but never buy anything on it - they prefer to get the stuff from a shop and take it home with them, so they can play it right away - rather than waiting for the snail mail to deliver the disc.

And 2005 wont be the year of the Cube. There are simply too many PS2's out there now - captive market. Why bother trying to sell a few units of a Cube game to few people, when you can sell lots of PS2 games to lots of people. It may not be fair, and I dont support the practice, but thats the way things are. Its simply not worth the effort for many shops to sell, stock, order in, discs in small numbers for a few potential customers.
Mon 03/01/05 at 13:06
Regular
Nintendo are the strongest videogames developer and publisher in the world.

Sure, their GameCube sales aren't as good as Nintendo would like however their Advance and DS sales are so high that Nintendo have upped their sales targets.

Granted they're not given the best space in the shops. But it isn't purely Nintendo's fault.

People go into shops asking for Playstation. So the shops push Playstation. It's the way things go.

Again, we've all got internet access here so we can all buy games online if we want. So there is no problem in getting hold of GameCube games really is there?

So Nintendo doing a Sega? Nah. Not likely for a long time...if at all.
Mon 03/01/05 at 02:32
Regular
"wake up nintendo"
nintendo really need to rethink their advertising policy and im starting to see a lack of cube games in shops even games shops are cutting back on cube games in game ps2 and xbox get a whole wall each whereas cube get a crappy little stand nintendo may have the big names zelda metriod mario but i feel the news of resi 4 on ps2 spells the end for cube even though their are several quality games their is just no advertising by nintendo and its about time they got their finger out am i the only 1 who thinks nintendo are going down the same road as sega ?
Sun 02/01/05 at 23:51
Regular
"'ahh a nice sweety!"
Tphi wrote:
> Have to agree.
>
> During my time on these forums I've heard 2005, 2004 and 2003 will
> all be "The Year of the Cube".

Yeh and we're still waiting!
Nintendo have some serious thinking to do and have to make some very big decisions if they want the Cube to survive even to the end of this year. At the rate they're going Nintendo will have to hire a van to go round street to street like an ice cream van selling Gamecubes and games coz no other shop wants to stock it! Now thats a funny thought!
Nintendo screwed up big time with advertising for the Cube, the missed opportunities were unbelievable. In some Nintendo games the opening sequences to say Mario Kart DD or Wave Race Blue Storm would've been fantastic adverts.
Sun 02/01/05 at 23:31
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Have to agree.

During my time on these forums I've heard 2005, 2004 and 2003 will all be "The Year of the Cube".
Sun 02/01/05 at 23:16
Regular
"'ahh a nice sweety!"
killer101 wrote:

with likes of the legend of zelda series coming out and the new
> resident evil coming out.i can feel it.this is the year.nintendo are
> back!

*Yawn*
How many times have I heard that comment?
This is it! This is the year its gonna happen! Nintendo are back!

It just 'aint gonna happen folks! They've left it too long to make a sudden comeback (again!)
Sun 02/01/05 at 23:07
Regular
"thursdayton!"
gerrid wrote:
> so they'll all rush to be first and then no one will be first.

I like you're logic there. :D
Sun 02/01/05 at 20:53
Regular
"The definitive tag"
I think it is highly unlikely that any of the next gen consoles will be released in 2005.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.