GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Yamauchi vents his angry (beware strong language!)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 06/01/05 at 14:31
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
*Edit[ k, that title should have been Anger, but can't edit titles, grrr ]*

Check this link for an interview with good ol' retired Nintendo boss Hiroshi Yamauchi.

[URL]http://www.gamerah.com/noticias.php?bias=180#180[/URL]

I can't quite decide if it's fake or not. He's retired now so can say pretty much all he wants, but is that an excuse to keep talking about, or referring to his genitalia!?!

:)
Sat 08/01/05 at 10:40
Regular
"bit of a brain"
well DUH
Sat 08/01/05 at 13:25
Regular
Yeah ok, fair enough.

Bit of a shame though.
Sat 08/01/05 at 17:32
Regular
Cooky wrote:
> [URL]http://middaysoftware.com/MinhsBlogs/articles/223.aspx[/URL]

My Dr. Sloan like skills WASTED.
Sat 08/01/05 at 17:39
Regular
What's to say you couldn't see the flash of the Hiroshima atomic bomb from Kyoto though? I'm unsure of the geography of Japan, so I have no idea what stands in the way, but given that the flash of the atom bomb is akin to that of the sun, 200 miles away isn't such a huge obstacle.
Sat 08/01/05 at 17:47
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Indeed, especially for a huge thermo-nuclear flash.
Sat 08/01/05 at 17:48
Regular
But the context he used it in - he said that he saw it and thought "never again".

Yet I highly doubt a boy of 16 would even have been able to comprehend the technology/strength etc of the atomic bomb in such early years of it's creation/development, especially when that was the first time it was used on a world wide scale/for war purposes for all to see.
Sat 08/01/05 at 17:49
Regular
What I'm saying is, he'd have seen the flash and thought "omfg wft is that m8", not, "I bet that's that thermo-nuclear atomic device going of in Hiroshima again."
Sat 08/01/05 at 17:53
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Forza wrote:
> What I'm saying is, he'd have seen the flash and thought "omfg
> wft is that m8", not, "I bet that's that thermo-nuclear
> atomic device going of in Hiroshima again."

You're saying that the father of Nintendo was a chav at 16? :D

No, at 16 I'd have been more thoughtful about it all than that.

Actually no I'd have been more like: "Holy crap let's get inside because of the radiation."
Sat 08/01/05 at 17:59
Regular
But that's just it.

A boy of 16 wouldn't have known what the hell it was, nor it's power, nor its devastation.

It wouldn't have been until some time after that he'd have known what it was about, so the context the article claimed that he said "I saw the flash of the atomic bomb, and thought 'never again'" doesn't fit.

YER
Sat 08/01/05 at 18:00
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Or maybe, it's fake genius.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.