GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Campbell vs. Terry"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 26/09/04 at 17:30
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Okay, votes for who you guys think is the better player.

I'm on Sol's side of things.

Let's see, eh J, this will be interesting...
Sat 02/10/04 at 12:28
Regular
as far as i am concerned alastair is a absolute joker.

terry is quite clearly immense in the air, the amount of headers he gets every game is obscene, he just scored another he is a natural leader, permanently fit (no jokes), and has conceded 2 goals in about 10 games this season and one of them was from 35 yards and a complete fluke goal. The other was from the european champions.

Alatair wrote:

>
> some bullshite about woodgate being the best, and it being proved by real signing him as they are "the biggest club in the world".

utter crap, they bought the best they could get hold off, do you think they could have got terry? no, cos he is at a top 5 in the world club, and arguably a bigger club than real madrid in terms of potential, wealth and rapidly playing squad (in two years real will look completely different anyway as zidane, figo, carlos, morientes all age and retire/ go down a division). Ok real have more glamour and a bigger reputation and will buy more top players, but they aren't even a great team at the moment anyway [they don't even, and haven't for a while looked like challenging for the league] , but would you take the advice of a team which has 4 managers in a year and a half? and more to the point during its "alleged period as the greatest club in the world" had a defence consisting of Helguera and Hierro, hgardly prolific centre backs and more to the point both actually midfielders who played in defence cos madrid didn't know what to buy in defence.

On top of this, which is better a home grown lad who loves his club and plays for it with that passion or jonny northerner on the transfer merry go round. Terry's displays are more impressive.

One thing i would say is that i do however think woodgate is top notch and actuallyu he was my probably my first choice defensive signing for the summer as he is a good player and would further have strengthened our brit core, but still happy with carvalho!
Thu 30/09/04 at 22:22
Regular
As far as I am concerned over the currentl England defence I wouldn't alter it, I really wouldn't. King has more than shown he is capeable of stepping up to International level and maintaining concentration at the level for the full 90 minutes.

No doubt Campbell and Ferdinand will drop back in when they are both back fit but as it stands the current England defence looks solid.

The Terry - Woodgate argument is like arguing over two almost identical mars bars, one with a bit more substance than the other. Having seen Woodgate play a hell of a lot since he was a Leeds youngster I of course favour him, I think he is a truly outstanding talent. Those who watch Terry play will probably have a similar feeling only in reverse.

It's not like they are at different ends of the spectrum though, the 5 players in line for center half are all of an outstanding quality.
Thu 30/09/04 at 22:15
Regular
"Colourless"
Well as for your first post Alastair, I am impressed.

You see, you can have a footballing argument, which has valid points and doesnt include insults....?

:)

I am of the impression that he would not "walk" into the England team. I do rate him very highly as a player, but I rate Terry, Campbell and King more. King not so much, but he has come on a lot over the last season and is fully fit and playing well.
Thu 30/09/04 at 22:11
Regular
Oh and as for who Real would buy, it wasn't about who would leave, they enquired about Campbell and that was it, Wenger put a stop to it.
Thu 30/09/04 at 22:10
Regular
Amazing how everyone who has actually seen Woodgate play, live, agrees that if he was consistently fit he would walk into the England defence.

I lied earlier by the way, Terry does have one advantage, he manages to stay fit which is what lets Woodgate down. The first game I saw of Woodgate when he was 16 down at Leicester for the Leeds reserve team he went off half way through the second half, aside from that he is the most composed defender I have seen play.

Granted I have only seen Terry play live around 6-8 times.
Thu 30/09/04 at 22:06
Regular
"Colourless"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Indeed, not even a one man band.
>
> That is why when the biggest club

Are they good though?

in the world needed a defender they
> went for a player who had played just over 1 6th of Newcastle's games
> for twice the money Newcastle paid for him. This is the team wit the
> choice of any defender in the world, the only other player mentioned
> was Campbell which was quickly dismissed by all concerned.

Would they have the chance to buy anyone else? Terry would not leave, nor would we let him... Rio wouldn't, Sol wouldn't. Who is better than Woodgate that they could actually have got?

> I larrfff.

If you seriously think Woodgate is the best defender in the world (bar Sol) and that is why Real bought him, then I suggest you stop laughing and get yourself checked out.
Thu 30/09/04 at 21:59
Regular
Indeed, not even a one man band.

That is why when the biggest club in the world needed a defender they went for a player who had played just over 1 6th of Newcastle's games for twice the money Newcastle paid for him. This is the team wit the choice of any defender in the world, the only other player mentioned was Campbell which was quickly dismissed by all concerned.

I larrfff.
Thu 30/09/04 at 21:03
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Fine.

Terry > Woodgate.

Fín.
Thu 30/09/04 at 20:21
Regular
"Colourless"
Azul wrote:
> Why don't the pair of you whiny little girls just shut the hell
> up

Erm... this is what this thread is for. If you can't stand talking about a real club from England then JUST STAY AWAY.
Thu 30/09/04 at 19:22
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
How does it affect you? It doesn't! It's funny

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.