GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Campbell vs. Terry"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 26/09/04 at 17:30
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Okay, votes for who you guys think is the better player.

I'm on Sol's side of things.

Let's see, eh J, this will be interesting...
Mon 04/10/04 at 16:39
Regular
"Colourless"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Not once have I said Terry was "crap" in the air or on the
> ground, I think he is a fantastic defender.
>
> My point stands that I think Campbell and Woodgate are better in the
> air which was the point I originally made, this doesn't make Terry
> "crap" or any other words you want to tag onto it.

Shut up Alastair. You clearly said "Woodgate can actually play in the air, which makes him superior to Terry."

Don't try and cover up your stupid points....

Edit: I found the quote now:

ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Woodgate can actually play in the air as well which gives him an
> instant advantage over Terry.

You lose.
Mon 04/10/04 at 09:21
Regular
"Don't let me down"
It should be a battle between 5 players not 2 Campbell v Terry v king v Ferdinand v Woodgate as there the best defenders for England, and I would go with Woodgate and Campbell.
Mon 04/10/04 at 08:32
Regular
Not once have I said Terry was "crap" in the air or on the ground, I think he is a fantastic defender.

My point stands that I think Campbell and Woodgate are better in the air which was the point I originally made, this doesn't make Terry "crap" or any other words you want to tag onto it.
Sun 03/10/04 at 15:09
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
*averts eyes away from "Sol 4 Prez" poster*

Guh?
Sun 03/10/04 at 15:06
Regular
"Colourless"
Sol is everywhere in your opinion.... :P
Sun 03/10/04 at 13:36
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Ashley wrote:
> terry is pretty much unparalled in the air in this league.

You went too far; Sol is there too in my opinion.
Sun 03/10/04 at 11:46
Regular
sorry my point stands that anyone who says terry is poor aerially is still in my book a grade A fool.

I don't mind differing opinions but when its clearly something that stupid i'm not taking it.

No exaggeration, its like comparing the finishing of thierry henry and kevin phillips, both great players but there is no comparison. terry is pretty much unparalled in the air in this league.
Sat 02/10/04 at 18:50
Regular
You are saying I don't know what I am talking about? I would care for some examples or in your own words I think you said I only post "once a month on average". So as my opinion over Terry differs I don't know what I am talking about? That fits...

I don't base my opinions on what the papers say or what you think you saw on Match of the Day. I have and still do travel to a lot of the games/training grounds for teams up North and see the players playing.

From what 'I' have seen of Terry and Woodgate I think Woodgate is a better player all round. I have seen Woodgate play around 20-30 times more than I have seen Terry play which is why I am saying Woodgate is the better player because I know how he plays and I know how much of an outstanding player he is.

On here the majority just talk amazing amounts of crap judged from 3-5 minute weekly highlights and what the papers say.
Sat 02/10/04 at 18:25
Regular
"Colourless"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> You are like the majority of people on this sport forum, you don't
> really have a clue.

This could possibly be the most hyprocritical thing I have heard so far this century....
Sat 02/10/04 at 17:57
Regular
I'm the joker? I think you belong to the Lil Bro - lets talk amazing amounts of absolute crap group.

As I believe Woodgate and Campbell are better than Terry defensively means I am a joker? Not the fact I think Terry is a fantastic defender and that I have already said it is purely nit picking between them. I. As I said, Chelsea fans will say otherwise as they watch Terry on a regular basis where as I have only seen Terry play when he has come up North. I doubt you even take any remote notice of him.

Oh and what is all this "local" crap got to do with it?! Woodgate originally wanted to play for Middlesborough but the Leeds youth team were the only ones willing to take him on board, nothing to do with where your loyalties lie.

The Madrid comment was made because Madrid can attract any player they want and pretty much know he will sign. Woodgate was their choice not only on what they have seen of him but Madrid players even supposedly had an influence on his signature.

You are like the majority of people on this sport forum, you don't really have a clue.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.