GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Brand new User Profile type thingy"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 06/09/04 at 12:44
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Hey all, I'm back to give you one last gift before I disappear into the ether for ever more. Remember before I left last time, I promised I'd give you all proper user info pages, like on Special Observe? Well, we've finally got around to it. Now, by clicking on a user's name, you'll no longer be taken to a cruddly little pop-up, rather a brand spanking new full page full of user stats and info, including the last 10 posts you made (it's very handy, trust me).

Also, if you click on the Your SR Account link at the top of the page and scroll down to the Personal Profile section (in the Forum Options bit) then you'll come across a new section which allows you to add publicly viewable information like your real name, e-mail and MSN addys and website details should you wish to share them. There's also other crap like favourite films, consoles owned, that sort of thing.

So there it is. I expect this thread to fill up with people bitching about why there's no photographs, or why it's not better and how come we didn't do it like how what you done wanted. Conversely, if you come up with any good suggestions, then they might end up in there as well.

My gift to you. No need to thank me. Thank our webby, he did it.
Wed 08/09/04 at 15:51
Regular
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Taglines are enough!
Wed 08/09/04 at 15:10
Regular
"Freeola Support"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> Signatures suck, avatars suck, anything that slows down the page or
> makes it harder to read sucks.
On dialup maybe but I agree there is not enough room for an avatar and I would only agree to having text signatures.
Wed 08/09/04 at 14:38
Regular
@ng3l wrote:
> Signatures and avatars do appeal to most people. Instead of just a
> name it gives you another form of identity on the boards. But yeah i
> agree with what you are saying about that it can slow things down.

Signatures aren't that great. I mean, just people posting a bunch of crap, really.
Wed 08/09/04 at 14:02
Regular
Grix Thraves wrote:
> I wish to level mountains at the click of a single button.

Populous then?
Wed 08/09/04 at 14:01
Regular
I wish to level mountains at the click of a single button.
Wed 08/09/04 at 13:51
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Signatures and avatars do appeal to most people. Instead of just a name it gives you another form of identity on the boards. But yeah i agree with what you are saying about that it can slow things down.
Wed 08/09/04 at 13:34
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Signatures suck, avatars suck, anything that slows down the page or makes it harder to read sucks. The most I can see happening soon is the addition of a photo on the profile page, but even that might take a while to appear. Unless of course you have any other ideas...
Wed 08/09/04 at 12:58
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Afternoon wrote:
> Dunno Signatures perhaps?

that will be good!
Wed 08/09/04 at 12:51
Regular
"Freeola Support"
Dunno Signatures perhaps?
Wed 08/09/04 at 11:29
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Ok so we have a new profile... Wonder whats next on the list!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.