GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Brand new User Profile type thingy"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 06/09/04 at 12:44
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Hey all, I'm back to give you one last gift before I disappear into the ether for ever more. Remember before I left last time, I promised I'd give you all proper user info pages, like on Special Observe? Well, we've finally got around to it. Now, by clicking on a user's name, you'll no longer be taken to a cruddly little pop-up, rather a brand spanking new full page full of user stats and info, including the last 10 posts you made (it's very handy, trust me).

Also, if you click on the Your SR Account link at the top of the page and scroll down to the Personal Profile section (in the Forum Options bit) then you'll come across a new section which allows you to add publicly viewable information like your real name, e-mail and MSN addys and website details should you wish to share them. There's also other crap like favourite films, consoles owned, that sort of thing.

So there it is. I expect this thread to fill up with people bitching about why there's no photographs, or why it's not better and how come we didn't do it like how what you done wanted. Conversely, if you come up with any good suggestions, then they might end up in there as well.

My gift to you. No need to thank me. Thank our webby, he did it.
Wed 08/09/04 at 22:25
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Icarus mk2 wrote:
> Actually, along with Sainsbury's they are in the process of buying
> these locals out and rebranding them "Local" or
> "Metro".

Noooooooooooooooooooo.

I can see it now, Ukchatforums-Express...

*cries*

They may take our stats, but they'll never take Specialobserve!
Wed 08/09/04 at 22:13
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Icarus mk2 wrote:
> Actually, along with Sainsbury's they are in the process of buying
> these locals out and rebranding them "Local" or
> "Metro".

They're corporate scum and i say it to their faces, i wonder if thats why they wont hire me ;)
Wed 08/09/04 at 22:05
Regular
phi11ip wrote:
> You know what this reminds me of?
>
> It reminds me of Tesco trying to shut down every small shop in the
> area by offering the same stuff that the shops do. They're trying to
> steal all the business!
>

Actually, along with Sainsbury's they are in the process of buying these locals out and rebranding them "Local" or "Metro".
Wed 08/09/04 at 22:03
Regular
ßulle†† wrote:
> monkey_man wrote:
> Nah, avatars and signatures would be crap. I thought the idea was
> to
> optimize the board - not throw more useless crap at us. A picture
> in
> the new profile thingy would be good, because when someone posts
> racy
> pictures, it won't affect the main site.
>
> Seconded.

Thirded.
Wed 08/09/04 at 22:03
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
You know what this reminds me of?

It reminds me of Tesco trying to shut down every small shop in the area by offering the same stuff that the shops do. They're trying to steal all the business!

Don't shop at Tesco, support your local SpecialObserve.co.uk!
Wed 08/09/04 at 21:27
Regular
monkey_man wrote:
> Nah, avatars and signatures would be crap. I thought the idea was to
> optimize the board - not throw more useless crap at us. A picture in
> the new profile thingy would be good, because when someone posts racy
> pictures, it won't affect the main site.

Seconded.
Wed 08/09/04 at 21:21
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Nah, avatars and signatures would be crap. I thought the idea was to optimize the board - not throw more useless crap at us. A picture in the new profile thingy would be good, because when someone posts racy pictures, it won't affect the main site.
Wed 08/09/04 at 20:17
Regular
"Taking Back Sunday"
Avatars would be bad but having signatures would be cool - it isn't like they disrupt anything on other boards.

*would have the best sig ever*
Wed 08/09/04 at 17:23
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
No signatures, otherwise you would get certain people having wars over: teh best sig evah etc.
Wed 08/09/04 at 16:25
Regular
"Freeola Support"
O yeah good point, anyways who has a profile we can make fun of other than snugglys?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.