GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My Website"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 31/08/04 at 09:35
Regular
What do you think of my website? [URL]http://www.oldbishopsgate.tk[/URL] You'll probably think it's really bad, but it is the first site I've ever done.
Tue 31/08/04 at 18:53
(child's voice)CSS makes things nice and tidy.

Memo's site is original. I oncce had a site that showed all the features of HTML by basically using all the tags possible. It wasn't very functional.
Tue 31/08/04 at 18:46
Regular
Memorandum! wrote:
> thoughts?

Amazing. So easy on the eyes, I'm loving the whole color-scheme thing.

Meanwhile.

Dark Wolf, get yourself a program that has HTML syntax highlighting (similar to notepad, if you get me, but notepad is crap) and start coding away :-)
Tue 31/08/04 at 17:45
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
My site:

[URL]http://memorandum0.tripod.com/[/URL]

thoughts?
Tue 31/08/04 at 17:43
Regular
"Twenty quid."
CSS doth rule.
Tue 31/08/04 at 15:39
Regular
"you've got a beard"
fair enough mate :)

i'm not bad at web design but obviously don't do it for a living or to a standard anywhere near yours so was unaware that frames we so loathed :)

i'll have to look into this CSS more indepth, i only really use if for text/link formatting at the moment, not entire page layouts..
Tue 31/08/04 at 15:03
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Very_Metal wrote:
> Tyla wrote:
>
> 1. Framesets are a HUGE no no.
>
> why's that mate?
> i use frames (and iframes) fairly often and find them really easy to
> get along with, how come you don't like them?
>
> just curious...

Useless usability, nightmare for search engines, fail every aspect of accessibility, external linking into site a total mare. Generally, Frames are now frowned upon for their use especially now you can do the same with CSS yet still maintain good, readable, symantic code.

iFrames are OK, but again, you can replicate this is CSS much easier.

Genrally, the concensus throughout the industry si to "SAY NO" to frames.

I have yet to ever build a site using them!
Tue 31/08/04 at 14:53
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Tyla wrote:

> 1. Framesets are a HUGE no no.

why's that mate?
i use frames (and iframes) fairly often and find them really easy to get along with, how come you don't like them?

just curious...
Tue 31/08/04 at 13:02
Regular
LOL
Tue 31/08/04 at 12:06
Regular
"\\"
Pfft. I got three before i finally got "You dah loser".

I shall win, if it kills me.
Tue 31/08/04 at 12:04
Regular
YES!

I SCORED A POINT IN PONG

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.