GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Urusei Machie"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 18/11/06 at 21:41
Regular
This is where I post problems and questions while I work on my Language/Travel website.

Link coming soon =)
Sun 31/12/06 at 15:59
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Its a ridiculous thing to worry about. :)
You'll probably find most monitors will display colours a little differently anyway. All LCD monitors will have different contrast ratios and/or processing which will make them appear slightly different. Monitors are meant to be colour calibrated too, yet people rarely do it. I can keep listing differences if you like but you get the point I think.

If you want to worry about colours then at least do it according to some guidelines. In the future W3C's accessibility guidelines will include luminosity contrast ratios. They are primarily for background and foreground colours yet they'll provide a good guideline of the contrast between any 2 colours.
Theres plenty of utils out there which will calculate the values for you.
Sun 31/12/06 at 15:54
Regular
Oh and I just noticed the tagline =) very nice if a little inaccurate ;)
Sun 31/12/06 at 15:42
Regular
After this problem is corrected and the favicon I can start uploading pages in a few days.
Sun 31/12/06 at 15:40
Regular
Hmmm said his monitors see the tabs different to the rest of us. Which makes me worry that others might have the same problem.

He mentioned that on one of his monitors it looked greenish and on another the two colours looked too similiar (the cream/beige colour and the grey coloue). So I created a few samples, removed a bit of green and made the Home tab darker.
Sun 31/12/06 at 15:36
Regular
Garin wrote:
> I wish I understood what you're trying to achieve/prove here. :)

Make them look less green and more easier to tell apart (the on and off tabs) =)

There's a tiny difference to each of them, probably the 1st and 4th are most different.
Sun 31/12/06 at 15:25
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
I wish I understood what you're trying to achieve/prove here. :)
Sun 31/12/06 at 15:16
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Well, clearly my eyes are rubbish, because they all look the same to me ... great, but the same :)
Sun 31/12/06 at 15:13
Regular
Okay not huge differences, but I'm hoping it'll help a bit.

Samples

Original is the top one. I think the 2nd one has less green, the 3rd is darker and the 4th is both less green and darker. They're just quick floods so I didn't colour in the o's, e's and g's. I left the "off" tabs the same colour, though if it'll help I suppose I could lighten them a bit more.

Might help if you cover the others when you view each one.

Thanks for your help guys =)
Sun 31/12/06 at 15:03
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Just give a shout when they are done, and if I'm still about, I'll take a look here and now.
Sun 31/12/06 at 14:34
Regular
Thanks cjh =) okay I'll submit some samples so I can try and find the best one without having to choose a completely different colour scheme. Perhaps by tweaking it I can make things a bit better.

So hangon while I prepare them =) the original will be at the top.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.