GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Urusei Machie"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 18/11/06 at 21:41
Regular
This is where I post problems and questions while I work on my Language/Travel website.

Link coming soon =)
Fri 05/01/07 at 13:01
Regular
Still working on the site guys, don't worry =)

For Garin:

I was just doing some googling to see if I could find out more about you. Interesting results huh? ;D
Sun 31/12/06 at 17:00
Regular
cjh wrote:
> Sounds good, though I've always liked changing tabs when
> mouseovering myself, but that's just me :)

I like some I've seen but it involved more work plus a lot of the major sites just left them alone so I thought I might as well leave it =)

----

Hmmm... wrote:
> Obviously all this also depends on the colour scheme of the
> whole page...
> All your tabs look fine, pick the scheme you like and get
> 'uploading'!

If the tabs look fine then thats great =) I'm rather satisfied with the rest of the page so I'm not worried.

> As for the favicon, obviously this also isn't a 'show-stopper',
> I'm sure you can launch the site without one.

The favicon is a nice thing to have but I've already finished the design, just need to play with the colours =)

> You can always tweak things like this once the site is live. In
> the mean time you could be earning an income from it...

That's true, so I wont be doing much more now before I start uploading.

> Q: I remember you saying you needed 300(ish) sub domains,
> will you be using them all when you launch?

Yes I will =) if you wanted to view every page on my site then it would take you quite awhile.

----

Garin wrote:
> Machie wrote:
> I remember teaching Garin...
>
> I've always admired how you teach. Doing things badly as an
> active demonstrate of how not to do them. =)

heh, yes I have done a lot of mistakes, but hopefully I'm doing everything right now =D I love being able to share my knowledge with the rest of you. It must be great to have more knowledgeable friends to help you out Garin. ;) Tell me what's that like ;D
Sun 31/12/06 at 16:33
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Machie wrote:
> I remember teaching Garin...

I've always admired how you teach. Doing things badly as an active demonstrate of how not to do them. =)
Sun 31/12/06 at 16:33
"Are you sure?"
Machie wrote:
> After this problem is corrected and the favicon I can start
> uploading pages in a few days.

Obviously all this also depends on the colour scheme of the whole page...
All your tabs look fine, pick the scheme you like and get 'uploading'!

As for the favicon, obviously this also isn't a 'show-stopper', I'm sure you can launch the site without one.

You can always tweak things like this once the site is live. In the mean time you could be earning an income from it...

Q: I remember you saying you needed 300(ish) sub domains, will you be using them all when you launch?
Sun 31/12/06 at 16:26
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Sounds good, though I've always liked changing tabs when mouseovering myself, but that's just me :)
Sun 31/12/06 at 16:21
Regular
CSS'd - It was a must, really. I remember teaching Garin that it was important for search engines so they can easily pick them up as keywords which they wouldnt be able to do with static images.

The "Something" links are in boxes. The background and text would change colour when you put the mouse over, but I took that out, now they just underline. The main tabs just stay the same regardless of whether a mouse is over them or not. I thought it was best to just leave them alone and not try anything too flash.
Sun 31/12/06 at 16:15
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
I think they look great. Are the CSS'd or static images?
Sun 31/12/06 at 16:13
Regular
cjh wrote:
> Do you have a working example of these tabs online?

No I'm afraid not, just offline. The tabs were one of the first things I created months ago, all by myself of course. I think they look quite nice and go well with the rest of my site. =)
Sun 31/12/06 at 16:09
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Do you have a working example of these tabs online?
Sun 31/12/06 at 16:01
Regular
Ah okay then =) thanks.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.