GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Unlucky Rasmus and 50 Cent"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 30/08/04 at 11:21
Regular
"I'm not a noob :"
Anyone else hear about or see the Rasmus and 50 Cent getting bottle off the Main Stage at Reading Festival? I only read it on the website but I have been each year since 2000 (not bragging just saying) and this was by far my least favourite lineup.

Although I don't like The Rasmus and 50 Cent, it's a shame that they were boo'd off. They just wanted to play. Admittedly 50 is kind of the black sheep in the festival as you can't really get more R&B than that.

Anyway, I still feel for them and they probably think the UK are now a bunch of Wan*ers.

There were a lot of good bands there though.

anyway . . . what you'll think ???
Mon 30/08/04 at 18:03
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Since when was 50 Cent R&B?
Mon 30/08/04 at 18:00
Regular
"you've got a beard"
i have to say i'm not a fan of either really, but i've seen the Rasmus live and they're really very good!
didn't think much of their studio sound but live they sound pretty damn good!
Mon 30/08/04 at 11:50
Regular
I wouldn't really use the term "hardcore" Reading has got obviously got a huge reputation and is probably the second festival of england. It can't really be hardcore as it doesn't have any focus. They get huge acts but the main theme of musical taste is never primarily the same from year to year not really allowing the establish of a "hard core" and rather making it a "cool" place to have attended. And i am in no way saying its bad! i love my festivals, and have lived in Reading, but this summer i'd say reading probably would have been my third choice.

Whilst 50 cent was a bit of a random act, it kind of was expected. As Reading festival is a bit random, it has a good level of musical credibility but can't really decide what it is.

50 cent is pretty much just and extension of this, hip hop/rap are becoming increasingly more popular amongst young people of all backgrounds now, and Reading tried to tap this, its not as if its any different to what they have done before, where they have twisted the line up to try and cram more "angry teenager music" into the line up with lots of nu metal/skater rock appearing in the line up to suit teenage rebelling boys who love their skateboards more than anything in the world.

On the whole it usually has a lot of good acts crammed in, but i am of the opinion that reading has severe identity issues, it tries to cater for far to many different tastes and should focus a bit more it would still sell out easily and would be a much better festival
Mon 30/08/04 at 11:28
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Ha ha ha, yeah I read about this. Good. Nothing worse than a bunch of men dressing up as depressed children, or a really bad rapper. It's like hiring a clown for your kid's birthday, and then it actually being entertaining - it's just not right. I know V and Reading get a bit of stick for being the commercial festivals, but the Rasmuss-taz? Busted for the Beetlejuice generation.
Mon 30/08/04 at 11:26
Regular
hopefully the festival directors have learnt and will think more about what the people are going to do if such particular artist does an act.
Mon 30/08/04 at 11:22
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Let's just hope neither of them return.
Mon 30/08/04 at 11:21
Regular
Anyone else hear about or see the Rasmus and 50 Cent getting bottle off the Main Stage at Reading Festival? I only read it on the website but I have been each year since 2000 (not bragging just saying) and this was by far my least favourite lineup.

Although I don't like The Rasmus and 50 Cent, it's a shame that they were boo'd off. They just wanted to play. Admittedly 50 is kind of the black sheep in the festival as you can't really get more R&B than that.

Anyway, I still feel for them and they probably think the UK are now a bunch of Wan*ers.

There were a lot of good bands there though.

anyway . . . what you'll think ???

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.