GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Unlucky Rasmus and 50 Cent"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 30/08/04 at 11:21
Regular
"I'm not a noob :"
Anyone else hear about or see the Rasmus and 50 Cent getting bottle off the Main Stage at Reading Festival? I only read it on the website but I have been each year since 2000 (not bragging just saying) and this was by far my least favourite lineup.

Although I don't like The Rasmus and 50 Cent, it's a shame that they were boo'd off. They just wanted to play. Admittedly 50 is kind of the black sheep in the festival as you can't really get more R&B than that.

Anyway, I still feel for them and they probably think the UK are now a bunch of Wan*ers.

There were a lot of good bands there though.

anyway . . . what you'll think ???
Mon 30/08/04 at 22:39
Regular
It's kind of sad that he was "jeered and heckled" off the stage. I even read in some news article: -

Attempting to placate the thousands of people, the rapper said: “We’re just all here to have fun”, and even taunted them by challenging them to all put their middle fingers in the air

He knew he was out of place in the festival, but he just wanted to join in on the fun and make sure everyone has a good time.

Unfortuanatly, the crowd didn't react as kindly...
Mon 30/08/04 at 22:21
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
I think the Rasmus are ok but i cant stand 50 cent. I think the term 'talentless f**k-wit' sums him up rather well. He really doesnt fit in at the venue that has previously had Metallica play. Going from the gods of heavy metal to the god of, well, not much really. just pathetic mumblings about nothing-in-particular over a cheesy backing track of synthesized bass and a computer that thinks its a drum-kit. Donningtonstill remains the best festival in my opinion, a place to escape to some real music!!!! and not a burberry top, nike cap or nickleson hoodie in sight! :D
Mon 30/08/04 at 20:58
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
AB1000 wrote:
> I am not a fan of theirs by any means but was
> happy to sit to the side, smoke a joint and eat some chinese with
> them in the background while I waited for Greenday

tut tut tut tut tut tut
Mon 30/08/04 at 20:51
Regular
I was dissapointed about The Rasmus going off, I think they're alright and would liked to have seem them play more than one song. I guess I have a differing opinion here to a lot of people, but if you don't like a band, then why go and see them? There are plenty of other stages with different bands around, so why ruin other peoples fun? The same with 50 Cent, I am not a fan of theirs by any means but was happy to sit to the side, smoke a joint and eat some chinese with them in the background while I waited for Greenday, but alas we had to sit in silence for a while, and then watch Greenday absolutely milk their show for time. It was stupid how much they were trying to drag it out.
Mon 30/08/04 at 20:32
Regular
"I'm not a noob :"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Possum's one of those Slipknot fans, probably hurt his brain from all
> that headbanging.

It is too true, I have damaged my neck and head at concerts and nearly had my lungs come out of my mouth but it's all great fun !
Mon 30/08/04 at 19:55
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I like the rasmus.
Mon 30/08/04 at 19:48
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
Was absolutely hilarious watching 50 Cent. I thought he was loving the atmosphere, he seemed to be able to cope with the bottles and occasional chair being thrown at him, but I think the boo-boys hurt his ego.

Poor l'il fiddy.
Mon 30/08/04 at 19:31
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
At Leeds festival 50 Cent come on and everyone boo'ed, then he said some stuff along the lines of 'if you don't like my music then f**k off' and everyone cheered and from then on he got a good reception. Greenday were fantastic tho!!
Mon 30/08/04 at 19:23
Regular
This has made my day.

Well not really, but it's cheered me up.
Mon 30/08/04 at 18:06
Regular
Possum's one of those Slipknot fans, probably hurt his brain from all that headbanging.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.