GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Unlucky Rasmus and 50 Cent"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 30/08/04 at 11:21
Regular
"I'm not a noob :"
Anyone else hear about or see the Rasmus and 50 Cent getting bottle off the Main Stage at Reading Festival? I only read it on the website but I have been each year since 2000 (not bragging just saying) and this was by far my least favourite lineup.

Although I don't like The Rasmus and 50 Cent, it's a shame that they were boo'd off. They just wanted to play. Admittedly 50 is kind of the black sheep in the festival as you can't really get more R&B than that.

Anyway, I still feel for them and they probably think the UK are now a bunch of Wan*ers.

There were a lot of good bands there though.

anyway . . . what you'll think ???
Tue 31/08/04 at 23:00
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
That last comment was directed at no-one in particular, I was just stating that it's a bit pointless wasting your time throwing bottles at some band others are trying to enjoy. The people I feel sorry for is the fans. 50 Cent or The Rasmus, they can go have a shower, get the urine cleaned off them and they still get a nice cheque from Mean Fiddler for doing a few songs. The fans of those bands (however much you may think their music taste is rubbish or whatever...) paid for tickets to see them and ended up seeing what... one or two songs... before some other people spoilt their fun...
Tue 31/08/04 at 19:06
Regular
Sibs wrote:
So in the end accept it and if
> you don't like it booger off to one of the other 4 or so stages they
> set up.

And if you read properly you would have noticed that I wouldn't have been one of them people that boo'd either of them. Treat others as you would like to be treated. I stick by that.
Tue 31/08/04 at 19:03
Regular
Sibs wrote:
> Possum_Number2 wrote:
> exactly, hopefully the festival directors have learnt and will get
> more hardcore bands next year . . . . IT'S A HARDCORE FESTIVAL!
>
> Erm, no. No it's not.

Yeah I admit I didn't mean it to look like I meant it's only for hardcore bands like Slipknot. I just meant in my opinion it's hardcore when you're there and camping and don't sleep for ages and don't take a dump for 5 days like I did last year. My friend went in the bush and wiped on his boxers. . . then threw them in the hedge. Not just hardcore music.

Apology accepted.
Tue 31/08/04 at 18:12
Regular
thebestbit wrote:
> my mate was there, he said just about everyone turned their backs on
> 50 cent.

I bet he was really gutted when the greasy british greebos turned their backs on him

Not that I like his music or anything but, I think it's a pretty pathetic thing to do to any act...unless it's Fred Durst.
Tue 31/08/04 at 17:56
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Possum_Number2 wrote:
> exactly, hopefully the festival directors have learnt and will get
> more hardcore bands next year . . . . IT'S A HARDCORE FESTIVAL!

Erm, no. No it's not. Since when were Whitestripes, The Darkness, Green Day, The Offspring, Morrissey, Libertines, Franz Ferdinand, Reel Big Fish, 5678s, The Distillers, etc. hardcore in any way? The only band remotely approaching hardcore on the main stage were Thrice (Possibly Thursday on a few tracks...). There were also a handful of hardcore-ish bands on the Concrete Jungle the most notable being Sick of it All. Reading is generally seen as the more 'alternative' rock festival. That doesn't make it a hardcore festival. I don't really think the Rasmus should have been there (they're hardly daphne and celeste though), but they always have someone like 50 Cent on main stage (Jay Z last year and Eminem year before), they always have someone doing the rap/hip-hop thing. So in the end accept it and if you don't like it booger off to one of the other 4 or so stages they set up.
Tue 31/08/04 at 15:53
Regular
"gametag:thebestbit"
my mate was there, he said just about everyone turned their backs on 50 cent.
Tue 31/08/04 at 12:27
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Memorandum! wrote:
> AB1000 wrote:
> I am not a fan of theirs by any means but was
> happy to sit to the side, smoke a joint and eat some chinese with
> them in the background while I waited for Greenday
>
> tut tut tut tut tut tut

---------------------------------------------------

AB1000 wrote:
> I was dissapointed about The Rasmus going off, I think they're alright
> and would liked to have seem them play more than one song.

---------------------------------------------------

It's clearly affecting his brain.
Tue 31/08/04 at 11:55
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
I was suprised that The Rasmus got boo'd off so quickly, as from what I've heard from people their album is actually ok. 50 Cent is no suprise, however. Reading doesn't have such a big problem with diversity, as lots of acts on the main stage down the years have succeeded despite not being rock; just look at Jurassic 5 this year, who went down a storm.

I think that the main problem was that 50 Cent is not a credible rapper or a decent musical act. He is a lowlife, an ex-crack dealer that is now a multi-millionaire because he raps about how many guns he has and how many b*tches he slaps. Had Jay-Z played he would not have been bottled so severely (possibly not at all), but because of the ridiculously 'gangsta' attitude 50 Cent has cultivated everybody hated him. Of course the organisers knew this, just like they knew when they booked Daphne and Celeste. Now everyone's talking about Reading - personally I thought the atmosphere for 50's set was hilarious, especially considering that for all the swearing and gunshots in his music, he couldn't wait to leave...that is, as soon as he'd finished enough songs to get paid.

Why didn't he just shoot everyone?
Tue 31/08/04 at 00:50
Regular
"tokyo police club"
metalhead wrote:
> I think the Rasmus are ok but i cant stand 50 cent.

You can stand the rasmus?

Your opinion is nul and void.
Mon 30/08/04 at 22:50
Regular
"None Stored"
50 cent shouldnt have been there anyway, as for the rasmus, im glad they got boo'd

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.