GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Last book you read..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 25/08/04 at 23:07
Regular
This forum has too few people talking about books, sadly enough.

What was the last book you read? Or what are you currently reading?

Go ahead, tell us. Mention anything you'd recommend if you want.
Sun 26/09/04 at 19:54
Regular
"The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch" by Philip K. Dick

Amazing. I can't recommend it enough - if you want a book that will stretch your imagination to breaking point, force you to challenge your own perception of reality and keep you guessing until the end, get hold of this.

Instantly goes in the category of one of my favourite books ever.
Sat 25/09/04 at 17:45
Regular
"Braaains"
Stephen King's 'The Gunslinger' - the first book in The Dark Tower series - and not the revised edited version either that did for Roland what Greedo Shot First did for Han Solo.
Thu 23/09/04 at 19:49
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
After reading Graham Greene's 'The Power and the Glory' I am now reading 'Brighton Rock'. Looks like another great book.
Tue 21/09/04 at 16:14
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Just finished the most recent Legends of Dune prelude: excellent in a "chewing gum for the brain" sorta way.

Now started "Lies and the lying liars who tell them". It explains Bell's "Everyone tells lies so I'm going to tell them as well, only my lies are the truth" mindset perfectly.
Tue 21/09/04 at 16:09
Regular
"thunderful"
I'm reading American Gods by Neil Gaiman. I've read it before, but it's worth reading it over and over again.

He has style, great character writing skills and detailed plots.

Well worth a read.
Mon 20/09/04 at 17:52
Regular
Just finished Dan Browns collection of books a few weeks ago.
Mon 20/09/04 at 09:28
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
The last one I finished was Man on Fire by A.J Quinnell (I wanted to read it before I saw the film you see). Good book, about a rock hard old mercenary who gets a job as a bodyguard to a wealthy Italian business man's daughter. She gets kidnapped and he goes on a killing spree in revenge. Well written it is.

I'm now reading the follow-up book, The Perfect Kill, following similar exploits of the same mercenary (there's about 5 different books following his adventures, though I'm having trouble finding the last 3).
Sun 19/09/04 at 21:07
Regular
"Insert Gently"
Aint a real book person but last one I read was a Tom Clancy one got it when I found out that he was an author as well as the Splinter Cell...person
Sun 19/09/04 at 20:56
Regular
"Homemade Cherry Pie"
The 'His Dark Materials' series by Phillip Pullman.
Great books.
Sun 19/09/04 at 20:07
Regular
"tall skinny latte"
Finished The Mennyms (Sylvia Waugh) which was great, better than Harry Potter anyday. I'm going to get the other four books in the series for my birthday/Xmas.

Going to read War and Peace now!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.