GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Last book you read..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 25/08/04 at 23:07
Regular
This forum has too few people talking about books, sadly enough.

What was the last book you read? Or what are you currently reading?

Go ahead, tell us. Mention anything you'd recommend if you want.
Sat 23/10/04 at 16:36
Regular
Finished reading

"Want to Play?"

By P.J Tracey

Pretty good.
Sat 23/10/04 at 16:20
Regular
Just started A Sudden Liberating Thought by Kjell Askildsen and The Complete Stories of Franz Kafka.

A Sudden Liberating Thought really is fantastic. It's a collection of short stories and one of novella length - all of which are pleasingly accessable. Askildsen can pose pertinent questions and get under the skin of his main character's psyche without having to resort to a first-person narrative or abstract style.

[URL]http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1870041240/qid=1098544836/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_8_1/026-2508394-1591621[/URL] and buy it. Seriously, it's only a fiver, it's fantastic to read and everyone loves an impulse buy. It says delivery time of 4-6 weeks but mine came two days later.

Get it now!
Tue 28/09/04 at 18:00
Regular
"gametag:thebestbit"
RoJ wrote:
> Does that books have parts where you can colour in pictures and
> connect the dots?

wow your a funny little man..oh wait no your not.
Tue 28/09/04 at 17:27
Regular
Reading Enduring Love by Ian McEwan, and King Lear (Shakespeare) for my English Lit course.
Tue 28/09/04 at 13:47
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Just finished Lies, and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them by Al Franken. Excellent book, and a nice expose of the sheer shamelessness of the Neo-Conservatives of America.

Now reading Spike Milligans Unofficial Biography, Dark Tower vol VII, and Going Postal (Terry Prachett's new one).
Tue 28/09/04 at 09:11
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Boiling a Frog - Christopher Brookmyre.

Religious and political satire, filled with belly laughs and topped with great characters. Very recommended, as all of Brookmyres books are from me.
Tue 28/09/04 at 08:19
"The Will of D."
Hannard wrote:
> Stephen King's 'The Gunslinger' - the first book in The Dark Tower
> series - and not the revised edited version either that did for
> Roland what Greedo Shot First did for Han Solo.

I've now got the 7th and final book at the moment that i am reading, so you don't exactly have to hurry, but you do have to keep your ears away from spoiling people about the ending of the series, which even i don't want to know until i'm there.
Mon 27/09/04 at 17:33
"Darth Vader 3442321"
"The curious incident of the dog in the night-time". It's a good read, very unique and full of humour.

I think that there are two versions: a kids' one with no swearing etc and an adults' version.
Sun 26/09/04 at 20:49
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Does that books have parts where you can colour in pictures and connect the dots?
Sun 26/09/04 at 20:40
Regular
"gametag:thebestbit"
not read a book in ages but the last one was, Foley is good and the real world is faker than wrestling by Mick Foley. Very good read even if your not a wrestling fan.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.