GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"World of Warcraft-SR Players list."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'World of Warcraft'.
Wed 09/02/05 at 13:18
Regular
"Homemade Cherry Pie"
Righto old chaps and chapesses.

If you're getting ye old WoW, say so and i'll put your name down. Just so we can all get on the same server, or whatever.

THE LIST:
Alliance
Satans little helper. - Dragonmaw - Kimnjinx, Magikim, Druidikim
Bullett - Dragonmaw - Bullett
DiscoDexy.- Dragonmaw - Dexy
Pabs.- Bloodhoof - Moto
Creepy. - Dragonmaw - Creepuu
sPiKeCaSt - Dragonmaw - sPiKeCaSt
unknown kernel - Dragonmaw - Sunjata, agwagwa.
Monkey_with_Attitude - Dragonmaw - Diamondhawk
Goatboy - Dragonmaw - Goatboy, Elfy
Cycloon - Dragonmaw - Pumpkinist, Cycloon
Grixthraves - Dragonmaw - Grixthraves
Sheepy - Dragonmaw - Sheepy, Sheepu
J nash - Dragonmaw - froots
Coin - Hellscream - Riimbart.
Pro Evo - Dragonblight - Sloth.

Horde
Whitestripes DX.- Dragonmaw - Ramirez
Cookie Monster.- Stormrage.
cipro - Dragonmaw - Aimait, walsh.
Satans little helper - Dunemaul - Bekinkimbff, Beefykim & Kimtherogue
Pumpkinist - Dunemaul - Ronperlman
Bullett - Dunemaul - Bigdave, littledave
Goatboy - Dunemaul - Zombeh
Page:
Sat 23/04/05 at 21:40
Regular
"A man with a stick"
The honour system really does need tidying up, right now it only seems suited to the forthcoming battlefields which a specifically designed for the kind of mass battles that are going on now.

There needs to some kind of punishment for dying, damaged equipment for example. Right now people just wade in, kill as many as they can, die, get back to their body and resurrect, and do the whole thing all over again, because aside from regaining a little health and manna, there are no ill effects from dying (unless you res at a spirit healer of course). If your weapons and armour gets damaged every time you die, it’ll force you to be more careful in your approach to PvP, hopefully reducing the kind of ‘headless chicken’ raids that go on now.

They also need to reduce the amount of levels that reward honour points. Currently a level 60 play can kill a level 48 and still get points for it, it’s a huge 12 level difference, the lower level players don’t stand a chance. Of course some will say “But you don’t get as much points as you would from a kill at the same level as you” true, but if you come across someone who’s death can award you points, no matter how little, would you pass it up? This actually seems to force players to gank. I think a 5 level difference would be better suited.

Also, and this is even written in the instruction booklet, dishonourable kills should effect your standing with your own faction. Get too many and you’ll become hated by your own faction, essentially making you an outcast only able to travel between neutral towns. Perhaps they could make so in order to gain favour with your faction you’d have to spend a huge amount of honour points to ‘buy’ your way back in.

There needs to be something done, I haven’t gained any XP with my level 47 hunter and I doubt I will for next few weeks (on the plus side, I’m going to have an awful lot of rested status saved up at the end of it).

Whatever you do though, don’t post anything in the WoW forums expressing your disappointment, you’ll be swarmed by groups of 13 year olds screaming “STOP COMPLAINING n00b, It’s PvP, join a PvE server” or for the truly witless “Join a care bear server”. Bunch of feckless morons.
Sat 23/04/05 at 21:11
Regular
I'm gonna go be my Tauren.

Dunemaul - Grix
Sat 23/04/05 at 21:10
Regular
Cycloon wrote:
> It's called 'not being a moron and attacking people when they're half
> dead and 10 levels lower than you'

Unless they really spray me off and attack you first.
Sat 23/04/05 at 21:03
Regular
Grix Thraves wrote:
> Yes Nash you were right you ass.

pwnzor
Sat 23/04/05 at 20:47
Regular
"gsybe you!"
It's called 'not being a moron and attacking people when they're half dead and 10 levels lower than you'
Sat 23/04/05 at 20:45
Regular
Aye, they best sort this. Was exciting and fun to begin with, but there are -far- too many loopholes and just stupidness that doesn't need to be there.

Yes Nash you were right you ass. But it's still fun in big balanced groups. Or even small balanced groups or one on one. Balanced.

There's a key word here but I can't think what it is.
Sat 23/04/05 at 20:21
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Kill. Then sit about and kill when the guy ressurects. I.e spawn camp.

Me and Grix had a classic case of rejectoidism earlier.

After he left, I had the same. 3 level 40-?? come at me.

By myself. Half dead after fighting a level 35 beastie.

Yup, what a SUPERB load of honour they got....
Sat 23/04/05 at 18:14
Regular
"Bicycle"
Ganked?
Sat 23/04/05 at 15:16
Regular
"gsybe you!"
It varies.

I got into Stranglethorn and asked if the PvP was still mad. Some idiot goes 'if you're going to whine, go PvE!!!'

So I said, naturally, that you're an idiot, and I like PvP, but not when, exactly as Cipro said, it's Counter Strike. PvP is not the sole point of the game, it adds a lot more flavour to it - PvE would be dull, PvP adds the risk, but it's just silly when everyon'e trying to raid and going 'I gank, because that's part of it'. I then had some excellent battles with a small Horde group, got 16 kills, a few of which were pretty much solo efforts. It did get annoying when they ganked us....

It's brought out the idiots, that's for sure.
Sat 23/04/05 at 13:30
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I f'king hate Paladin's, an utterly pointless class. So you get their health over half way down, great, enough for you to line up a finishing blow, but no, it's a paladin so you stand there and watch as they turn and run, shield themselves and then heal.

So they not only get the ability to shield, they can also heal and get a free mount, what utter ass. This means paladins can wade into fights, get a few kills, turn and run, heal then do it all over again.

Also I'm a little dissapointed with this honour system. At first it was kind of fun, but last night something happened to me that hasn't happened since I started playing WoW, I got bored. It actually feels like they've turned the game into World of Counter-Strike.

Before with no rewards for PvP, raids and fights where just about having a bit of fun, now it's all about getting as many points as you possibly can, and with no penalties for dying and no dishonour system to speak of, the whole game has just become one mass, endless gankfest.

[EDIT] then again maybe it was me just being tired, couldn't really enjoy PvP last night because of it. Honour system does need a revamp though, I'm not even going to attempt to quest for XP for the time being because I know I'll end up being hunted.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.