GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Football Manager '05"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Football Manager 2005'.
Fri 18/02/05 at 15:26
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
Is dangerously addictive, almost impossibly deep, and is a truly marvellous management spectacle.

It is also frustrating beyond words, often truly ridiculous and is a cause of premature mental instability.

I love Football Manager '05
Page:
Tue 12/04/05 at 21:54
Regular
": ("
Coin, why did you choose a top team? I think choosing a top team isn't as fun.

When I get FM2005 i'll start with a team like Southend, make my way to the Premiership and hopefully enter the Champions League (I know that'll take ages).
Wed 13/04/05 at 09:35
Regular
Damn, just checked my Laptop's specs and it has a 934 Mhz CPU whatever that is but I don't think it'll be very good at playing Football Manager.

But it does play Championship Manager 4 okay so I might be lucky. And if it's too slow i'll install it on my Computer which has a 1.8 Ghz CPU.
Wed 13/04/05 at 11:45
Regular
"Bicycle"
Stridman wrote:
> If Championship Manager 2005's online mode was free I probably would
> have got that over this but seeing as it isn't I decided to choose
> the game that is overall the best.

What the hell? FM 05 bests CM in every way. It has an online mode to, that is free, as well as some of the best community sites, especially SIgames'.

> Coin, why did you choose a top team? I think choosing a top team isn't as > fun.

Well, I like starting off with a big team, winning things, buying players, but I quickly get bored and just play it every now and again, if I'm particularly frustrated that D & G can't win nothin'.

> Damn, just checked my Laptop's specs and it has a 934 Mhz CPU whatever
> that is but I don't think it'll be very good at playing Football Manager.

> But it does play Championship Manager 4 okay so I might be lucky. And if
> it's too slow i'll install it on my Computer which has a 1.8 Ghz CPU.

It says on the back of the case: 200Mhz processor at least. 1.8Ghz recommended.

<--- 3.2 Ghz. Roxor.

However it's still playable... My PC, however play's it without any wait - ever.
Wed 13/04/05 at 17:19
Regular
FM2005 is online? Cool, can you tell me how it works? Is there leagues to play in or do you just have matches against each other?
Wed 13/04/05 at 18:41
Regular
"Bicycle"
Play games w/ each other.

Basically like adding another manager. So you can both play (not matches) at the same time, then once you both click continue you advance and so on.

Haven't really done much with it yet though...
Wed 13/04/05 at 19:05
Regular
Doesn't sound great. Think i'll just play it by myself.

Whats the main changes from CM4?
Wed 13/04/05 at 20:21
Regular
I've played FM 2005 online quite a bit. Someone basically sets up a game then gives you the ip and you join. It's only really good with people you know imo.
Wed 13/04/05 at 20:48
Regular
I've downloaded the demo on my PC and it was pretty fast, I assume the actual game will go slower seeing as i'm only playing a demo right now? Well, i'm just about to try it on my Laptop to see if it plays fast enough cause I would really prefer to play it on my laptop which is in my room, right in front of the TV, I can lie down and play it and I can take it everywhere.
Wed 13/04/05 at 21:45
Regular
Ah man, i've been playing the demo for the last 2 hours. Im actually starting to worry what will happen to my social life once I start the fuull game...
Wed 13/04/05 at 22:39
Regular
Well the proper game's database is huge so it'll obviously take much longer to load. You can pick the database size though...and it also depends on what countries you pick too.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.