GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WARNING-IMPORTANT FOR YOUR HEALTH AND SAFETY-OPEN NOW"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 08/06/04 at 07:17
Regular
"..."
Today starting from 6:14 A.M until 12:26 P.M it is extremely important not to look at the sun. This is because Venus will pass across the sun and it will prevent a small portion of sun rays from reaching earth. This phenomenon hadn't happened in 122 years. This phenomenon can be observed in The Middle East, Europe, Asia,Africa, and some parts of America, while it can not be observed in South America or Australlia.And the experts are warning from looking at the sun since the passage of Venus will not change the intensity of the light and therefore the rays will affect the eye,as looking directly at the sun damages the tissues of the eye retina and leads to chemical changes and the aglutenation of the proteins in the vitreous with the possiblity of the occurance of concentrated shading in the vision region and changing of colours and shapes of objects and slight weakness in the eye sight.
Tue 08/06/04 at 19:55
Regular
"SOUP!"
FFF = my GOD :-D
Tue 08/06/04 at 19:53
"period drama"
homosh wrote:
>LARGER, SPECIFICALLY NEWS PAPERS - THEY ARE RIGHT AND YOU ARE WRONG.

Oooh ... secret CAPS messages.
Observe:

hello HOMOSH, did YOU know, that in the olden days (which ARE now very old) the word GAY meant happy? AND, did YOU know that when the SUCKtion pump was invented, it caused many MEN to loose their jobs.
Tue 08/06/04 at 19:48
Regular
"SOUP!"
Homosh wins the capsLOCK battle, THATS for SURE!
Tue 08/06/04 at 19:46
"period drama"
Touch my area, please homosh.
You're like a fallen God to me.

Or one they pushed off Mount Olympus for being a spac.
Tue 08/06/04 at 19:45
Regular
"SOUP!"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> *insert rectum / retina joke here*
>
> *insert 'insert' joke here*
>
> + 59

Heh :-D
Tue 08/06/04 at 19:41
Regular
"..."
Microchips wrote:
> Homosh, you're in need of tutoring or something...
>
> Sun = bright
>
> Venus = 0.001% of sun's surface area (when viewed today).
>
> Therefore:
>
> Sun = 99.999% bright.
>
> GO. FIGURE.
You must be a retard of some sort. I'll explain for the third time. When you look at the sun, all the rays including the harmful ones head to the direction of your eye, and as an involuntary reflex action your eye iris is narrowed so as to decrease the light intensity, thus decrease the amount of damage that could occur to your eye. Now I'll take a solar eclipse as an example. When the moon is in a straight line with the sun and the earth, you can see the moon in the middle of the sun, the moon is dark, and the sun is bright, so the intensity of the light is decreased, but the Ultra Violet rays are still there and they are harmful regardless of their amount, so your eye iris will not be narrowed as much as it does in normal conditions, so a LARGER amount of Ultra Violet rays will enter your eye, causing more damage than in normal conditions. Now the same happens when Venus passes infront of the sun, only it's less dangerous. Now every word that I have mentioned was taken from a reliable source, and I didn't come up with any of it. The part about the solar eclipse was discussed a million times in TV channels, News Papers, etc... and the part concerning "The Venus Phenonmenon" was SPECIFICALLY discussed in the NEWS PAPERS by a professor in an article that I have read several times, and he was warning about looking at the sun at the time of the phenomenon, and he explained everything that I had explained when talking about the solar eclipse, and said everyword that I had mentioned, and I didn't come up with any conclusions on my own. This issue had been studied by scientists for a long time now, and I can't find one good reason why I should beleive you and not beleive them. Simply:
Your Brain < Their Brains. So THEY ARE RIGHT AND YOU ARE WRONG.
Tue 08/06/04 at 19:37
"period drama"
*insert rectum / retina joke here*

*insert 'insert' joke here*

+ 59
Tue 08/06/04 at 19:35
Regular
"SOUP!"
I put sun tan lotion on my retinas so I'm ok!
Tue 08/06/04 at 19:32
"period drama"
Thanks for that, homosh - really close call.
I was so happy to be able to stare directly at the sun again at 12.27.
Tue 08/06/04 at 19:26
Regular
"..."
ßora† §agdiyeV wrote:
> looking at the sun at any time is harmful, just how harmful is
> irrelevant.
But yet at a solar eclipse, it becomes extremely dangerous, that's a scientific fact.

>And I find it incredibly unlikely that somebody actually
> died from staring at the sun for six minutes.
It doesn't matter how you find it. This is what happened, and I didn't make that up, it was on TV.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.