GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WARNING-IMPORTANT FOR YOUR HEALTH AND SAFETY-OPEN NOW"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 08/06/04 at 07:17
Regular
"..."
Today starting from 6:14 A.M until 12:26 P.M it is extremely important not to look at the sun. This is because Venus will pass across the sun and it will prevent a small portion of sun rays from reaching earth. This phenomenon hadn't happened in 122 years. This phenomenon can be observed in The Middle East, Europe, Asia,Africa, and some parts of America, while it can not be observed in South America or Australlia.And the experts are warning from looking at the sun since the passage of Venus will not change the intensity of the light and therefore the rays will affect the eye,as looking directly at the sun damages the tissues of the eye retina and leads to chemical changes and the aglutenation of the proteins in the vitreous with the possiblity of the occurance of concentrated shading in the vision region and changing of colours and shapes of objects and slight weakness in the eye sight.
Tue 08/06/04 at 07:17
Regular
"..."
Today starting from 6:14 A.M until 12:26 P.M it is extremely important not to look at the sun. This is because Venus will pass across the sun and it will prevent a small portion of sun rays from reaching earth. This phenomenon hadn't happened in 122 years. This phenomenon can be observed in The Middle East, Europe, Asia,Africa, and some parts of America, while it can not be observed in South America or Australlia.And the experts are warning from looking at the sun since the passage of Venus will not change the intensity of the light and therefore the rays will affect the eye,as looking directly at the sun damages the tissues of the eye retina and leads to chemical changes and the aglutenation of the proteins in the vitreous with the possiblity of the occurance of concentrated shading in the vision region and changing of colours and shapes of objects and slight weakness in the eye sight.
Tue 08/06/04 at 07:24
Regular
From the looks of the Sky round here, the Sun won't be visible anyway. Yey.

So you're saying there's an increased risk of blindness if we look at it today? Or definite blindness?
Tue 08/06/04 at 07:25
Regular
"..."
It's just a risk, but it's still a risk, and it's better to be careful.
Tue 08/06/04 at 07:30
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
It's a risk the whole time.

Just because Venus is passing between us and the Sun doesn't make the sun stronger/weaker.

There's just an increased chance of people looking at the sun, that's all.
Tue 08/06/04 at 07:31
Regular
": ("
Heh, your Cuzack aren't you.

Anyways it dont mater if you are or not.

Where I am the sun is scorching, Bullett you must live far up north then if yu cant see the sun.

I live in the South East and I can tell the weathers gonna be great for as good game of footie at school.

Yipee!
Regular
Heh, I didn't even know it was passing :D

I doubt I'll have chance to look anyway. By the time it comes out, I'll be stuck in a meeting room until 13:30 :(
Regular
": ("
Microchips wrote:

> There's just an increased chance of people looking at the sun, that's
> all.

Exactly.
Tue 08/06/04 at 07:33
Regular
Stridman wrote:
> Where I am the sun is scorching, Bullett you must live far up north
> then if yu cant see the sun.

Yeh, Ahm fram oop Norf laddeh.

Leeds, to be precise, but I work in Halifax - just East with a little bit of South.

Bloody Dull up here.
Tue 08/06/04 at 07:57
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Where I am, it looks quite sunny- no chance of seeing this without completely blinding myself, then. We've had a lot of things happen up there in the last few years- Haile Bopp, the eclipse, and now this. Patrick Moore must be wetting his pants with joy. =D
Tue 08/06/04 at 07:59
Regular
At his age he probably just wets them anyway...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.