GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Does anyone actually want Indiana Jones 4?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 21/04/04 at 17:58
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Think about it. Harrison Ford is 62 now, not exactly sprightly any more. And while I didn't see Catch Me If You Can (which is apparently quite good), most of Spielberg's latest attempts have been ruined by overly sappy endings, desperate to inject an unnecessary dose of saccharin into otherwise interesting stories. I can't see it working.

Seeing as it apparently now won't begin until Spielberg's finished his next three projects, it'll be at least 3 years til it comes out. Does anyone actually want it? It'll be sacriligeous memory-rape of Lucas-esque proportions if Indy IV turns out to be a doddery old dump.

Go on, someone start an online petition saying we don't want it anymore. Maybe 5 years ago, but not now.
Thu 22/04/04 at 23:35
Regular
"She's a dog!"
I don't know why everyone is complaining.

Harrison Ford looks old...So what, if it has a solid plot and great script, would you care?

Even if the film stinks, the most you've wasted is your cinema ticket, they don't force you to buy it on DVD. And has it ruined your memories of the other classics? No because you are not a moron who can only remember the last 6 months of your lives.

And if it was good, you get a great film that would only add to the first three classics.

So, to summarise, It is all good.
Thu 22/04/04 at 22:35
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Whats the script? wrote:
> In a way Tomb Raider has replaced Indiana Jones as it is more modern

You utter moron. Tomb Raider is plotless crap.
Thu 22/04/04 at 20:59
Regular
"56 000"
I wouldn't mind a fourth indy movie but it wouldn't be as good because Harrison Ford is too old to the next movie. In a way Tomb Raider has replaced Indiana Jones as it is more modern but lots of old classics are comming back in.

My idea for the title of an Indy movie would be

Indiana Jones and the eye of the living or Indiana Jones and the eye of life. Anyway which one sounds better?
Thu 22/04/04 at 17:21
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Indian Jones and the cowboy plumber
Thu 22/04/04 at 16:44
Regular
"lets go back"
The worst thing about making a fourth would be that all of the people who have just gone and bought the trilogy box set would have to go and buy it all again. I hate it when this sort of thing happens, an extra film added to a trilogy or a re-release with extra scenes or something. Its as though you get punnished for being a loyal fan and buying something early.
Thu 22/04/04 at 12:55
Regular
Bejam wrote:
> It would be like those last few Only Fools and Horses episodes. The
> series should have ended with the perfect finale of the
> episode that was on TV last night, but they decided to drag it on a
> little too far with disappointing results.
> We don't want Indy to go down that road.

Funny, that was exactly the same comparison I thought of as I wrote about the Last Crusade ending, right down to the old 'walking off into the sunset' cliche ending...
Thu 22/04/04 at 12:34
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Dringo wrote:
> I think it might be possible if the make up team go to work on
> Ford...

They'd have to bring trowels to fill in all the cracks with make-up.
Thu 22/04/04 at 12:32
Regular
No the entire idea of indy is to avoid the CGI generation.

I think it might be possible if the make up team go to work on Ford...

But we'll see.
Thu 22/04/04 at 12:27
Regular
"A man with a stick"
If they want to make a new Indy film, then I'd guess they'd do it with a younger actor while still having Ford as a kind of background character, or a farther like Sean Connery was in Crusade.

I personally would hate to see a forth film, I can't help but think it would turn out into an over simplified, CGI heavy action fest like Terminator 3 was. It'd bring in the money, but it won't be as memorable as the original movies.
Thu 22/04/04 at 11:24
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
It would be like those last few Only Fools and Horses episodes. The series should have ended with the perfect finale of the episode that was on TV last night, but they decided to drag it on a little too far with disappointing results.
We don't want Indy to go down that road.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.