GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"No. No no no no."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 16/04/04 at 18:08
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Spielberg makes yet another sugary, "Awwww shucks" movie.
What has happened to him? He used to be good dammit - Jaws, Close Encounters, Raiders. But now, even with the serious films he attempts, he has to jet his sugarwad all over the script and make sure we leave the cinema feeling like, gosh, all is well with the world.
Including Schindler's List ("With this pin, 1 more Jew") and Private Ryan ("Tell me I've been a good man"), he just can't not make it all nice and lovely for the world.

And it stars Tom "So nice it makes me vomit" Hanks.
Spielberg & Hanks.
A film about a man living in an airport because of an immigration balls-up
Even the teaser poster makes me want to smash Hanks' skull in and dance about in his skin being all "Look at meeeee, I'm soooo nice and preeeedy"

[URL]http://www.theterminal-themovie.com/[/URL]

Look at his stupid fat head and his "Golly Gee!" Richy Cunningham face
Sun 18/04/04 at 13:22
Regular
"She's a dog!"
Tom Hanks was amazing in The Burbs, which was on a couple of nights ago. I forgot to recommend it to the fun loving criminals of SR.
Sat 17/04/04 at 17:31
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Stryke wrote:
> Catch Me If You Can, there's a Spielburg/Hanks collaboration that came
> up with the goods.

Exactly what I was thinking. I liked that a lot.

I think Hanks at his best is a superb actor. Though, admittedly, he may be typecast as a happy, grinning, happy happy man who's always in a happy happy feel-good role (if a single word of that made a smidgeon of sense), look at the other roles he's been in.

Green Mile, being a prime example. Though actually, that did have a sense of the above to it, I suppose.
Hmmm.

Anyway, I like Hanks.
Sat 17/04/04 at 16:34
"possibly impossible"
I'm sorry, I seem not to have had my happy chip removed. Hanks is ok, not infuriating. He can act and, yes, he may star in too many 'feel good' movies, but for the most part at least some of them are good.

As for Spielberg, he started by wanting to put bits of himself on the screen with ET and he hasn't really stopped since.
Sat 17/04/04 at 15:44
Regular
Catch Me If You Can, there's a Spielburg/Hanks collaboration that came up with the goods.
Sat 17/04/04 at 13:38
Regular
Hanks was good in Green Mile.

Brutal (or whatever his name was) was good aswell. In fact, Green Mile's a great film. In every way.

God DAMN I'm like the one-man forum taliban. Hijack Hijack Hijack.
Sat 17/04/04 at 12:23
Regular
"Twenty quid."
CTUbauer wrote:
> Well, let's face it, has Clooney done a bad film?

Batman And Robin.
Sat 17/04/04 at 12:00
Regular
I enjoyed Welcome to the Jungle. The Rock + Stifler Vs Walken was enjoyable shooty-kicky action stuff.
Fri 16/04/04 at 21:58
"I love yo... lamp."
CTUbauer wrote:
> Walken automatically makes a film great :)

He's in Welcome To The Jungle.
Fri 16/04/04 at 21:07
Regular
As Darth Vader's commentator once said: "He has you now..."
Fri 16/04/04 at 20:20
Regular
"Monochromatic"
CTUbauer wrote:
> Well, let's face it, has Clooney done a bad film?

Well i havent read the other post's before saying this but wasnt he in "carry on batman".

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.