GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"email problems logging in - 22/09/09"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 22/09/09 at 21:09
Regular
Is anyone having problems logging into their email tonight? Im trying to access my email and it keeps on saying login failed??????

Is the server down or something?
Tue 22/09/09 at 23:41
Regular
"I like turtles"
Seriously,thanks guys your hard work is appreciated.I'm at the wrong end of a nice bottle of red wine now and should probably be going to bed.

Thanks again :)
Tue 22/09/09 at 23:33
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
pete_21 wrote:
> 27/7 that is impressive ! :)

Feels like that sometimes!:P
Tue 22/09/09 at 23:32
Regular
"I like turtles"
Eccles wrote:

We have systems in place that monitor all our services 27/7

27/7 that is impressive ! :)
Tue 22/09/09 at 23:29
Regular
"I like turtles"
Seems fine now,thanks guys :)
Tue 22/09/09 at 23:27
Regular
My mail appears to be filtering through now.

Thanks for the continued support.

N.
Tue 22/09/09 at 23:22
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
I wouldn't get support tickets anyway. They are only read during office hours.

We have systems in place that monitor all our services 24/7 and alerts us if anything is wrong. With the pop3 server though it can't check whether login is possible though, just whether the service appears to be up. I will look into seeing whether this can be modified to perform an actual login and inbox check as well.

The POP server is being looked into now.
Tue 22/09/09 at 23:08
Regular
@Eccles

I submitted a support ticket a while back.

My thinking is you wouldn't get this if POP is down. Would you still get these or would they be affected too?

Neil
Tue 22/09/09 at 23:04
Regular
"Robert"
Service status pages has now changed:

Incoming Pop3 Server giving a Password Error 22/9/09 10:50 PM:
We are currently investigating a problem with the incoming Pop3 server mail.freeola.net. If you are receiving a error message relating to your user name password, please do not alter your settings, the problem has been reported and we are awaiting resolution. In the meantime we apologise for any inconvenience.
Tue 22/09/09 at 22:59
Regular
Eccles...
I was only kidding about the status page . I'd rather you fixed the actual problem. :-)

IS there a way we can notify this sort of thing direct to someone who can help?
Tue 22/09/09 at 22:57
Regular
Yeah have to agree, it is very frustrating when things like this happen, we all take it for granted these days. But Freeola are the best server we've used and we've tried and tested most, and cust service and tech service are second to none...lets just hope they sort it soon ----please guys waiting for a really important email lol.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.